• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

even Leavitt had some terrible losses

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I remember being on that one website that had a USF chatroom, and we'd all be discussing how flat the team came out and how Leavitt had to get their hearts into the game at the half. Forgot the website, thought it was a couple that had it.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

Keep trying. The implication was that listless first halves were characteristic of Leavitts teams when the reality is, like probably every other coach out there, there were SOME games like that. CJL's few games were memorable because it was our team and the way he tried snapping them out of it.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Keep trying. The implication was that listless first halves were characteristic of Leavitts teams when the reality is, like probably every other coach out there, there were SOME games like that. CJL's few games were memorable because it was our team and the way he tried snapping them out of it.

Actually the original assertion was that they never gave up. Doesn't say much when even sometimes the team comes to the game not ready to play.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

At least that loss was on the road, in horrible conditions and wasn't in the top five games in his career here. Losing has become par for the course now and if we were to pick the top five game of cjw 15 game career with us 40% of those would be losses; if we didn't try to get down just to his best 80% of his games end in an "l". For fans that previously expected wins at home this just isn't acceptable.

that game was at home. thank god army beat ucf the week before or we would have been their first win in like 20 games. that game was embarrassing to watch
sorry the army game that stood out as embarrassing to me was the road one that had all of the thunderstorms and gameday on site

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,423
  • Days Won:  19

CWT is trying to repeat CSH's 2012 season.

CWT is trying to repeat CSH's 2012 season.

It would be an improvement over cwt's 2013 season.

At least that loss was on the road, in horrible conditions and wasn't in the top five games in his career here. Losing has become par for the course now and if we were to pick the top five game of cjw 15 game career with us 40% of those would be losses; if we didn't try to get down just to his best 80% of his games end in an "l". For fans that previously expected wins at home this just isn't acceptable.

that game was at home. thank god army beat ucf the week before or we would have been their first win in like 20 games. that game was embarrassing to watch
sorry the army game that stood out as embarrassing to me was the road one that had all of the thunderstorms and gameday on site

Didn't we win that game?

Actually the original assertion was that they never gave up. Doesn't say much when even sometimes the team comes to the game not ready to play.

Are you serious? Anybody who watches sports at any level know that ALL teams occasionally come out not ready to play.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  1

The biggest difference between Leavitt and Post-Leavitt, is in the attitude of the players

The player now just look like they are embarrased to be out there. They don't make eye contact with the fans, they don't look up, they don't even seem to talk to each other

When Leavitt was the coach, sure we had multiple .500 seasons, we lost to teams we should have beat, and we beat teams that we should have lost to. 

What I see, is the self esteem of the team is just missing, and has been gone for almost a half-decade. 

Too much "poo rolling downhill" has fallen on their shoulders, and their hunched over from the weight of it.

At this point, it's just time to celebrate what they do right, ignore what they do wrong. We're in a very dark, very evil, very desolate area of college sports right now, this program is living the nightmare that no one would EVER want to live through. 

I hate to say this, but I think we need to drop down two divisions, disappear from the spotlight for a couple years, and build it back up again. 

Join FAMU in the MEAC, see if we can bat .500, work our way back up

Didn't we win that game?
perhaps my memory of those two games seems reversed I remember the road game being all around horrible (maybe because we ended up getting zero gameday coverage because of the weather) and I barely remember the home loss as that season was pretty much a loss.