• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Announced attendance 27,269

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,340
  • Days Won:  43

Pretty sad when the NC ST coach was worried about his teams play due to there not being any crowd. Said the atmosphere was aweful. 

If he actually said that, it reflects more on him than the atmosphere being what it was, or rather wasn't ... and isn't he the coach we beat in the Canuck Bowl?

I agree.  It makes him look like a tool.

Why? He was just being honest to the reporters. He said it was scrared that his team would not play well because there was no crowd. Said the atmosphere was bad. Nothing wrong with being truthful. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

Pretty sad when the NC ST coach was worried about his teams play due to there not being any crowd. Said the atmosphere was aweful.

If he actually said that, it reflects more on him than the atmosphere being what it was, or rather wasn't ... and isn't he the coach we beat in the Canuck Bowl?

Why? He was just being honest to the reporters. He said it was scrared that his team would not play well because there was no crowd. Said the atmosphere was bad. Nothing wrong with being truthful.

"I was worried that, as their coach, I wasn't good enough to have motivated them enough under adverse conditions."

"I was worried that, as their coach, I wasn't good enough to have motivated them enough under adverse conditions."

“There was no crowd, and that can be distracting,’’ N.C. State coach Dave Doeren said. “A bad atmosphere, and that didn’t bother them. I told them they had to bring the juice, they had to bring the energy, and they did that today.’’ From Tampa Trib today 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,746
  • Days Won:  3

Any word yet on the actual thru-the-door numbers? Maybe at the point of maximum attendance there were 15K, but by the end of the fourth quarter...ghost town. And just out of sheer meanness and an attempt to skew attendance, I had all four of my tickets scanned, so whatever the real number, just feel free to subtract two (at least two, assuming no other miscreants were trying to inflate attendance numbers as well). 

Any word yet on the actual thru-the-door numbers? Maybe at the point of maximum attendance there were 15K, but by the end of the fourth quarter...ghost town. And just out of sheer meanness and an attempt to skew attendance, I had all four of my tickets scanned, so whatever the real number, just feel free to subtract two (at least two, assuming no other miscreants were trying to inflate attendance numbers as well). 

It was reported that 17k actual fans there at game. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

Maybe Fridays game should be moved to the soccer stadium

that would actually be fun as hell. Much better environment than what ray jay will be.

I am not opposed.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,746

Is that ballpark TSA numbers? Not that I don't doubt that 17K is probably accurate, but if there's a link to the TSA numbers, I'd appreciate it. I have a bad habit of putting numbers into spreadsheets, especially those that show a disparity between university announced numbers and actual tickets scanned. Thanks in advance.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,581
  • Days Won:  29

Let me just say the crowd leaving at halftime was very similar to entering before the game.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720

BxcZEtaIIAAwGUb.jpg

embarrassing 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

Is that ballpark TSA numbers? Not that I don't doubt that 17K is probably accurate, but if there's a link to the TSA numbers, I'd appreciate it. I have a bad habit of putting numbers into spreadsheets, especially those that show a disparity between university announced numbers and actual tickets scanned. Thanks in advance.

There will always be a disparity between those numbers as long at we're at RayJay and can't hide the actual numbers like the ocs residers can, right?