• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NC State's Message Board

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

^^ Wow, a little trash-talking returning to the board? I do like our D's chances this week, just hope our O stands up.

The way they just annihilated that "amazing" Maryland WR corps just makes me like our chances more and more.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Days Won:  0

NC State fan here. We have a group of 4 flying down Friday morning, we are staying at the Hilton Airport Westshore.

Do y'all have any suggestions for good places within walking distance or a 10-15 minute cab ride for lunch/dinner Friday (anything casual w/ a waterfront view is always a plus), and a good bar for pregame drinks on Saturday and then late night after the game Saturday? I have done some research on Yelp but always appreciate local knowledge/input.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, looking forward to this weekend! Hopefully it will go better for us than it did when you were in Raleigh.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

NC State fan here. We have a group of 4 flying down Friday morning, we are staying at the Hilton Airport Westshore.

Do y'all have any suggestions for good places within walking distance or a 10-15 minute cab ride for lunch/dinner Friday (anything casual w/ a waterfront view is always a plus), and a good bar for pregame drinks on Saturday and then late night after the game Saturday? I have done some research on Yelp but always appreciate local knowledge/input.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, looking forward to this weekend! Hopefully it will go better for us than it did when you were in Raleigh.

You can walk over to International Plaza or any of the restaurants right next to the Hilton, theres Coopers Hawk, Texas de Brazil, Lee Roy Selmons, etc. Theres actually alot within walking distance. None of those are by the water though. You can take a cab to Coutney Campbell Causeway and hit up Bahama Breeze or a bunch of other restaurants around there.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Do y'all have any suggestions for good places within walking distance or a 10-15 minute cab ride for lunch/dinner Friday (anything casual w/ a waterfront view is always a plus), and a good bar for pregame drinks on Saturday and then late night after the game Saturday? I have done some research on Yelp but always appreciate local knowledge/input.

Like usfvictor said, take the Courtney Campbell Causeway (FL 60) and go out to Rocky Point.  Bahama Breeze won't give you a great waterfront view as it's on the wrong side of the road, but at Rocky Point, there's the Rusty Pelican restaurant that is right on the bay, and has some great views. 

My wife and I went there one night last time we were in town and had a great time. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Do y'all have any suggestions for good places within walking distance or a 10-15 minute cab ride for lunch/dinner Friday (anything casual w/ a waterfront view is always a plus), and a good bar for pregame drinks on Saturday and then late night after the game Saturday? I have done some research on Yelp but always appreciate local knowledge/input.

You can walk over to International Plaza or any of the restaurants right next to the Hilton, theres Coopers Hawk, Texas de Brazil, Lee Roy Selmons, etc. Theres actually alot within walking distance. None of those are by the water though. You can take a cab to Coutney Campbell Causeway and hit up Bahama Breeze or a bunch of other restaurants around there.

Waterfront, the CCC has a couple of local bars right on the water at Rocky Point. Not a bar guy, but always thought that atmosphere looked good. I'd highly suggest getting some local seafood or Cuban eats vs hitting the chain restaurants. For a local bar, a number of guys here like Cigar City Brewing which would be close.

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

Thanks guys!

Unfortunately for you, Jacoby Brisset will get exposed against a real defense this week and not the FCS yardage burners known as GA Southern and ODU.

Georgia Southern and Old Dominion are FBS

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

Norcar, if you're a beer drinker DEFINITELY walk from your hotel to Cigar City Brewing. You will not be disappointed and don't be turned off because it looks like a warehouse.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738

Lee Roy Selmon's.....mmmm.....so good

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Days Won:  0

Norcar, if you're a beer drinker DEFINITELY walk from your hotel to Cigar City Brewing. You will not be disappointed and don't be turned off because it looks like a warehouse.

This will for sure be on the list.  Raleigh seems to have a new brewery popping up every month now so the brewery in a nondescript warehouse thing is very common here.

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions, it is much appreciated.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  453

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BM73Mq5hKY

Now that's a TE!