• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Harlan - Close the upper bowl

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I should pay $40 for a seat and have someone else sitting close to me paying $15 .  that makes no sense to me

There is no room for logic on TBP.

Personally, I like sitting in the upper bowl for football games so i can watch the entire field at once.  Much easier to see routes develop too.

Why do we loose those fans? If it's price, just reprice a few hundred seats in the 200 level to $10 or $15.

I know some that go to the game just so they can sit up top and get a good view of TB. They wont come if we dont have that open they said.

You actually know people who buy tickets to USF football games just for the chance to go into RJS and get what amounts to about a 8th floor view?

Yes, I do.

Why do we loose those fans? If it's price, just reprice a few hundred seats in the 200 level to $10 or $15.

I know some that go to the game just so they can sit up top and get a good view of TB. They wont come if we dont have that open they said.

You actually know people who buy tickets to USF football games just for the chance to go into RJS and get what amounts to about a 8th floor view?

Yes, I do.

Sometimes, I might add.  I sit lower also, but I do enjoy the view from up there.  It's a different experience.

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

I should pay $40 for a seat and have someone else sitting close to me paying $15 .  that makes no sense to me

Given the product USF has developd over the last 4 years you shouldn't be paying $40... maybe not even $15.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

People can buy tickets in the lower bowl if they want?  A simple, $1,000 donation and they are permitted to buy up to 8 tickets at $40 per seat per game.

If they open those seats to the general public, why should people donate to the Bulls Club?

No... everything in the lower bowl sidelines (except students, faculty, visitors, and the south endzone) should never be for sale by USF without being part of a season or mini game package (with a required donation).

As stated by another user... $1000 isn't simple for everyone.... That said, tickets in the corner of the south endzone or family section are relatively cheap and don't require a donation. 

Closing the upper bowl should be relatively easy.... even for the rest of the season. If ST's up there are given the opportunity to move down to the top of the south endzone for the remaining games... the view is fine from there. Next season they have the option to purchase ST's in the lower bowl. We shouldn't be selling ST's in the 300's.

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

I never knew ST's were sold in the 300s.  I thought it was single games only, with maybe some 3-packs.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

No... there's a section that they sell for $75 for the season I believe. I think you can get ST's up there more to the center too. 

If that's not the case and it's only GA then there is plenty of room in the south endzone for a GA section.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

For 2015 I would suggest closing the 300s unless needed (ie. sold out lower bowl for a specific game), shrink student section to north endzone 100s only.  200s north corners become the value seats like the 300s were.

Someone send this to the Athletic Dept. 

My :2cents: .    We bumped up our donor level and are now sitting close to mid field on the Himes side.  I'm pretty sure there are no other season tickets sold anywhere near us.  Yet in the 2nd half yesterday we were suddenly surrounded with people.  I'm not going to call for the ushers to check tickets, but it did cross my mind that I had given a lot of money to be sitting there while the others had not.  So St Leo's idea is a nice idea. Gets everyone down to the lower bowl and keeps some semblance of rationality/fairness to making donations and getting some benefit. 

People can buy tickets in the lower bowl if they want?  A simple, $1,000 donation and they are permitted to buy up to 8 tickets at $40 per seat per game.

If they open those seats to the general public, why should people donate to the Bulls Club?

No... everything in the lower bowl sidelines (except students, faculty, visitors, and the south endzone) should never be for sale by USF without being part of a season or mini game package (with a required donation).

As stated by another user... $1000 isn't simple for everyone.... That said, tickets in the corner of the south endzone or family section are relatively cheap and don't require a donation. 

Closing the upper bowl should be relatively easy.... even for the rest of the season. If ST's up there are given the opportunity to move down to the top of the south endzone for the remaining games... the view is fine from there. Next season they have the option to purchase ST's in the lower bowl. We shouldn't be selling ST's in the 300's.

I know the $1000 isn't simple for everyone... my half ($500) wasn't that simple for me...

My point is that I have seats in the lower bowl that I paid $77 per ticket (per game) for (if you factor the donation plus tickets)... I do not want people to get the same seats for $15.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

People can buy tickets in the lower bowl if they want? A simple, $1,000 donation and they are permitted to buy up to 8 tickets at $40 per seat per game.

I know the $1000 isn't simple for everyone... my half ($500) wasn't that simple for me...

My point is that I have seats in the lower bowl that I paid $77 per ticket (per game) for (if you factor the donation plus tickets)... I do not want people to get the same seats for $15.

Agree with you Jim. We pay forty plus our donation