• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Attendance?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  344
  • Days Won:  1

I tried to make it to the game but my ride bailed on me around 2:30.  By then it was too late to walk to campus and make it for the busses.  Would have made it otherwise.  My guess is others were discouraged by rain and the "frat ban" this week.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

What a surprise people are knocking the gates down at Ray Jay to watch a program that has sucked last 3 years.

The only people at the game are die hard fans…the others will show up when the team starts to win.

Will we Diehards want them to come back?   Yes the Program needs them to come back, But I personally could care less if they come back, Don't like fans who cant stick it out thru the good and bad,  Its just pathetic.

I understand what you mean…they didn't suffer thru what we have had to watch but if they want to give money to the football program so be it I will welcome them back.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

I tried to make it to the game but my ride bailed on me around 2:30.  By then it was too late to walk to campus and make it for the busses.  Would have made it otherwise.  My guess is others were discouraged by rain and the "frat ban" this week.

Rain?   People in Tampa should know that if its raining at USF its not raining at Ray Jay or other places, (rain is very spotty here and usually always is).  We didn't have ANY RAIN at the game today.  It clouded up and got iffy at the end of the game but no rain.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

A game like this....a real crowd, like the crowd vs wvu way back when....wins the game.....it was that close, a loud and proud fanbase can sway the outcome of games like this

I really am so tired of hearing this.  If that is true how the heck did we win AT Auburn, AT FSU and AT Notre Dame.  Their fan bases were there AND loud at all of those games.  Fans have nada to do with the outcome of games outside of possibly a false start or two and that doesn't happen much anymore with the silent counts.  The players and coaches determine games.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  211
  • Content Count:  1,829

On a lighter note South end zoner here. I had a blast when we still had a chance and the whole crowd sang "Living on a Prayer" by: Bon Jovi! My nine year old had a blast! This really showed me we could unite as fans when needed and I have been going to the games since 98'. Gave me chills seeing this unity really my seat neighbor grabed my hand and yelled "living on a prayer!" Futile but non the less fun!

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  211
  • Content Count:  1,829

Umm from gville and went to just about every home game in the 80's and the gators sucked ppl went to the games expecting to loose if we won it was great if they lost it was a still a party. Not a lot to do in gville. That being said they still had empty seats today lots according to ppl that went to the game and you could walk up and buy a ticket.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

I was there and it was actually quite comfortable today, granted we are in the 200's on the USF side which gets the shade. It is too bad that the fans did not show up to this game, it was a great game to watch and we almost pulled the upset. This team is looking worlds better. It could have been a difference maker to have more noise in today's game. I noticed a lot of fans around me really got into it today. I hope the excitement is coming back for all fans. 

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  453

I think if someone is willing enough to buy a 300 level ticket it should have a chance to be automatically bumped to a better seat at the door.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

I think if someone is willing enough to buy a 300 level ticket it should have a chance to be automatically bumped to a better seat at the door.

I think they should close the 300 level to save money, But is it fair to those who make donations, and pay higher prices only to see someone who doesn't get "bumped" to a better seat? 

They should move them to the 200 level behind the band in the NE corner.( part of the student section)

Edited by Dhambuc

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

What a surprise people are knocking the gates down at Ray Jay to watch a program that has sucked last 3 years.

The only people at the game are die hard fans…the others will show up when the team starts to win.

Will we Diehards want them to come back?   Yes the Program needs them to come back, But I personally could care less if they come back, Don't like fans who cant stick it out thru the good and bad,  Its just pathetic.

I understand what you mean…they didn't suffer thru what we have had to watch but if they want to give money to the football program so be it I will welcome them back.

Programs like ours has to have the fair weather fans when the times are good to push attendance. The problem is we don't have enough that really care enough to understand what it takes to sustain a college football program through times like this.

• Upvote 1