• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Terrapins v. Bulls 3:30 P.M. Saturday

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

Should have saved my Terrapin Hopsecutioner beer for this weekend. Guess I'll just have to go out and get some more!!!! :D

Going with crab cakes on the grill.

Turtle soup, crab cakes all sound fitting but THIS "bacon turtle burger" creation wins hands down.....

Recipe:  http://bacontoday.com/bacon-turtle-burgers/

065742974a633d2162d211174d8763e5.jpg

22592a594a0062f9cb4799bea552a08a.jpg

Here's the real deal for all the hard core'rs.....

2228957_fe69_625x1000.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

My read is that Tag's doesn't seem overly impressed:

"....Taggart's take: "They'll throw the screen out like Western Carolina did. Other than that, they do the zone read, the quarterback runs the ball; they probably run it a little more in the red zone. The running backs are pretty good; they're bigger, stronger, faster. They throw the ball down the field a lot more than Western Carolina did. And then defensively, they're big, strong and athletic."

So he knows what to expect. Does that mean the team and coaching will look competent? Why am I unsure?

And like I said, expect every team this year to do offensively what WCU, they provided the blue print.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

My read is that Tag's doesn't seem overly impressed:

"....Taggart's take: "They'll throw the screen out like Western Carolina did. Other than that, they do the zone read, the quarterback runs the ball; they probably run it a little more in the red zone. The running backs are pretty good; they're bigger, stronger, faster. They throw the ball down the field a lot more than Western Carolina did. And then defensively, they're big, strong and athletic."

So he knows what to expect. Does that mean the team and coaching will look competent? Why am I unsure?

And like I said, expect every team this year to do offensively what WCU, they provided the blue print.

It seems strange that every team we play schemes against us and we appear to have no clue on the other teams scheme and appear to just play straight up Lovie ball.  I'm beginning to lose confidence in the coaching staff and it's starting to sound like a broken record.  Let's see how we adjust and look in game 2.

Does the following sound/look familiar ?

This is from an article last year after the McNeese mess.....

Defensive Coordinator Chuck Bresnahan:

"In that first game, if we come out and become a sit-back-and-think defense, I've slighted our guys," he said. "I want our guys, from the first snap to the very last snap, to go out and fly around. If they make mistakes, they're making it at a thousand miles an hour. Not standing there going 'Should I do this or that?' We have to master a couple of things. We'll go into a game shorthanded as far as what we have available -- we know how to play it and we can play it against anything, that's better to me than having 92 different things but you're not really sure about any one of them."

"As soon as the second read is done, that guy's either on his back with the ball in his hand, or the ball's up in the air for grabs," he said. "Punishing the quarterback is going to be big for us."

As Gary pointed out here, there wasn't a lot of flying around anywhere happening. And The Green Plague of Aaron Lynch's boasting looked more like The Mild Sinus Infection, failing to record a sack while conceding 424 yards over 67 total plays to an FCS team. USF did force two interceptions, but what stood out was the lack of push in the middle. The Cowboys were running in between the tackles against the vaunted front seven everyone thought would be the strength of the Bulls. Lynch, Giddens, Watson, Sager; the guys we thought would be difference makers just weren't in any meaningful way.

"Sit-back-and-think" is a helluva lot better than "getting-whupped-every-****-play." 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Should have saved my Terrapin Hopsecutioner beer for this weekend. Guess I'll just have to go out and get some more!!!! :D

Turtle soup, crab cakes all sound fitting but THIS "bacon turtle burger" creation wins hands down.....

Those look absolutely amazing. Do want.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  581
  • Days Won:  0

Those look absolutely amazing. Do want.

I got chest pains just looking at them...

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Whoever did that needs to check their conferences

CBS Sports Network...never realized that until you pointed it out.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Recipe: http://bacontoday.com/bacon-turtle-burgers/

Here's the real deal for all the hard core'rs.....

2228957_fe69_625x1000.jpg

Always wanted to see a pic of a heart attack

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Those are nothing compared to the Double and Triple Coronary Bypass burgers at Vortex in Atlanta.

thumb_600.jpg?1355543299the-vortex.jpg

The "bun" is a grilled cheese sandwich on the top and bottom.  :D

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

That is totally disgusting. I am disappointed that they did not deep fry it. My southern relatives fry everything...can't believe they are still breathing.

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1