• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

As a Maryland fan i am worried about this game so much

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  11
  • Days Won:  0

This game worries me, Vegas has us -10 to -12 range. Thats less than  2 touch downs. a Special team Td or big return or fumble or int for a Td and USF can be in business.

The 10 major reasons why i am worried about this game.

1. Florida and the state of florida  speed. Maryland doesnt do well very speed on offense vs our defense. or Defensive speed vs our O.

2. Your running back Mack had 275 yards 4 tds. and the part that really impressed me was that He didnt even look tired.

3. Its down in florida , florida sun/heat/ fans NFL stadium. Big time game even heard some big time Florida recruits will be at the game to watch Maryland.

4. Maryland players not taking this game seriously. If you watched out bowl game we lost to Marshall and i believe we lost because the players didnt  take  marshall seriously.  

5. Cj Brown he is hot and cold. He could come out and have a hall of fame game 270 yards pass 2 tds,  120 yards rushing,  3 Tds he can do that, Or he can go  11-30  120  3ints. and  1 fumble , I hope good Cj Browns shows up.

6. Am worried about  USF looking at this game like their bowl game or a game to set their program on the map, and maryland just seeing this as a vacation to florida.

7. 3-4 defense you guys run. Pressure Defenses give our O line issues.

8. the 3-4 defense  Maryland runs. WE DONT STO PTHE RUN VERY WELL heck james madison rushed for 160 yards on us. Thats crazy. thats too much. 

9, We can be a turnover machine. We love to give the ball away. Of all the Big10 teams, Maryland is the only team with 32 straight games were we turned the ball ove.r So uSF fans  UMd will give you 1, 2 fumbles or picks.

10. Penalties, False starts, Pi. i dont know how loud Tampa stadium gets, but issues with noise could slow down our offense. And the best way for USF to win this game. is to slow it down, run run run milk the clock, keep Diggs, Cj Brown, and co on the bench and get marylands defense tired. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

1. Our speed on defense is supposed to be our strength so we have you there. Offensively, however we dont have much. Big mack and rodney adams are quick but thats really it.

2. Funny you mention that. Mack's scouting report on espn indicated that he gets stronger as the game goes on.

3. We cramped up more than wcu did fwiw.

4. That may be the only chance we have to legitimately win

5. Just throw bubble screens. Our D hasnt shown that we can stop that.

6. After last year, every game is a bowl game

7. We're new to the 3-4. Hopefully inexperience and a vanilla gameplan contributed to our struggles last week

8. While true, theres no reason to fear our passing game yet. Stack the box until mike white (a lot more accurate than he showed last week) beats you

9. Our D did a fantastic job in taking the ball away last year. Also had takeaways in the first two possessions last week.

10. Barring an attendance boom, it wont be loud at all. We might have 35k in the seats and a healthy amount i would imagine will be maryland fans. But im sure our gameplan will be to slow the game down and wear out ur D

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Your concerns are legit, we usually play better against OOC "name brand" opponents. That said, I think most of us would concede that we have more legit worries than you do! ;)

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  558
  • Days Won:  0

How sad...4-5 years ago, we would have been the easy favorites over Maryland, especially early in the season. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

How sad...4-5 years ago, we would have been the easy favorites over Maryland, especially early in the season. 

It's interesting that you say that.  In 2009 Maryland was 2-10, 1-7 in conference and in 2010 they went 9-4, 5-3 in conference

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

I hope that there's not a cloud in the sky.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

It doesn't look like you're going to get your wish. 

Forecast 3 days out is 60% chance of rain, scattered showers.  High of 90. 

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

Number 6, putting us on the map.  I would think beating FSU, Auburn, Miami, West Virgina when ranked would have done that.  Memories are short

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf should remian within 25 points of maryland

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

It doesn't look like you're going to get your wish. 

Forecast 3 days out is 60% chance of rain, scattered showers.  High of 90. 

I know, but I'll take any advantage we can get.

Anybody know an ANTI-RAIN DANCE?