• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I like Harlan's Energy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Harlan is the opposite of his predecessor, personality-wise. Whether that will translate to an uptick in donors and success on the field, remains to be seen. If he can improve on both, then he'll get plucked by a bigger school.

I agree with the OP, his energy and affability are just what we need.  I think the formula is success on the field + Harlan's personality = uptick in donors.  It all starts on the field.  I truly believe the rest will take care of itself. 

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Great that he came from UCLA as well, dealing with a large city containing a university can only help.

Hope he can be the man to turn the ship right.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I suspect Harlan aspires to do more than just slap together winning teams.

We need money.  We need exposure.  We need to forge an athletic identity that tells the world what USF, the institution, is all about.

All that "tip of the sword" stuff Genshaft mentioned when we started football that Woolard failed to deliver.

With the new regime, I'd like to see some billboards around town touting the slogan, "USF Athletics: Just the Tip!"

Edited by JTrue

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,686
  • Days Won:  424

Great that he came from UCLA as well, dealing with a large city containing a university can only help.

And dealt with a football stadium miles from campus ....

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,430
  • Days Won:  19

And dealt with a football stadium miles from campus ....

:stirpot:

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

I am loving the FB activity we are seeing from USF now. USF definitely seems to have a different attitude. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

We need money.  We need exposure.  We need to forge an athletic identity that tells the world what USF, the institution, is all about.

All that "tip of the sword" stuff Genshaft mentioned when we started football that Woolard failed to deliver.

With the new regime, I'd like to see some billboards around town touting the slogan, "USF Athletics: Just the Tip!"

Agree ... just to see how it feels. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Marketing gold.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315
  • Days Won:  3

All of the things Harlan is doing are nice, but if the football and basketball teams still suck, then it won't make any difference.  18 - 24 year olds have better things to do then go watch the USF football team lose by 20 points to Memphis on a Saturday night.  It's not fun.  It's not even close to fun.  I was at that one and by the end I just felt pissed off that I wasted my money and time on tickets, even for as much as I love the Bulls.    If they were atleast competitive and played a close one til the end I wouldn't feel the same way, because I have been to games like that, and they are still alot of fun, it just sucks at the end.     Same deal with Basketball.  When they had their one really good season, I remember when they played West Virginia at the Forum and the place was packed.   I also remember Joe Madden and countless other people in the area throwing their support out there for the Bulls.  

This area has a ton of Bulls fans and supporters.  It may not seem that way right now but you have to give them something to root for and be proud of. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Had to double-take that one, lol & smh at the same time.