• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Watch Parties in NYC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

With the new season approaching, I want to let everyone here know about the watch parties hosted by the NYC chapter of the alumni association. We can be found at a bar in Murray Hill for every football game. The bar is Van Diemens, which offers food and drink specials for our group. We're always happy to meet Bulls fans whether they are longtime residents, relocating to the city, or just visiting for the weekend.

If you're in town next weekend, here's our Facebook event for the WCU game:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1533560763529863/

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Good group.

Go!

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  119
  • Days Won:  0

I live in the Jasper, Ga area.  The closet "big" city to me is Canton Ga., about 50 minutes NE of Atlanta.  Are there any watch groups closer to this area than Atlanta, ie. Cumming/Alpharetta? Anyone want to start one?  There is a nice sports bar in the Canton area called Sidelines Grill that would probably love the business and would be willing to host a group. Plenty of TV's for game day and the food and drink isn't bad either.  I just don't want to be driving the distance home from Atlanta (Atlanta watch group) after consuming a few adult beverages.

I live in the Jasper, Ga area.  The closet "big" city to me is Canton Ga., about 50 minutes NE of Atlanta.  Are there any watch groups closer to this area than Atlanta, ie. Cumming/Alpharetta? Anyone want to start one?  There is a nice sports bar in the Canton area called Sidelines Grill that would probably love the business and would be willing to host a group. Plenty of TV's for game day and the food and drink isn't bad either.  I just don't want to be driving the distance home from Atlanta (Atlanta watch group) after consuming a few adult beverages.

With the Atlanta chapter being the largest outside the state of Florida, there are probably many fans in the same boat as you. It might be worth reaching out to the chapter so you can get your message out to the rest of the group. However, the group might not want to split up watch party locations since they just recently went from two locations to one.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  119
  • Days Won:  0

With the Atlanta chapter being the largest outside the state of Florida, there are probably many fans in the same boat as you. It might be worth reaching out to the chapter so you can get your message out to the rest of the group. However, the group might not want to split up watch party locations since they just recently went from two locations to one.

I pondered attending a few times last year but the thought of Atlanta traffic, and the distance I would have to drive, plus the fact I might consume an adult beverage or two made me think twice.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,003
  • Days Won:  12

you can probably set something up on a more informal basis. It would not hurt to perhaps post on the Facebook page that you'll be at a bar somewhere up there and see what kind of response you get.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  293
  • Days Won:  1

Are there any groups in the Capital District of New York??  I wish I could attend the NYC watch party, but most likely wont be able to.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Alpharetta is your best bet, it's actually not far from Canton at all, and I believe still at Ale House on Mansell Rd off GA 400. Easy, maybe 20-25 min drive from Canton through back roads.

I live in Buford on the NE side, pretty much opposite of you. :). You're closer to Alpharetta than I am, though. The watch parties are usually geared more towards Bulls alumni that live near or inside the Perimeter. Jus' the way it is, I'm afraid.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Just checked and haven't seen anything about Alpharetta on the Facebook page. Just Mellow Mushroom in Brookhaven. :-/

Are there any groups in the Capital District of New York??  I wish I could attend the NYC watch party, but most likely wont be able to.

Most of the people we speak to are in NYC, Long Island, or New Jersey. I haven't come across anyone from the capital region since being involved with this chapter. There aren't any other official chapters in the state.