• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF getting the students invested in football

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Until we get the stadium on campus we need to make the transition of getting the kids from campus to ray jay both fun and easy. I think attention needs to be paid to making the shuttling to the tailgating and back as seamless and fluid as possible. Free parking for students would also go a huge way.

Building a generation of freeloaders won't help sell season tickets in the future...what's next... trophies for attending??

I'm mixed on this, but helping students get to the game is good, but could be very expensive.  I like the idea of free parking, but since we rent, that's not likely possible.

We need students at the game to help the atmosphere, and to bring the volume.  It helps our team, and making it hard for the other team to hear while barking out calls is an obvious advantage we haven't had in YEARS.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

at this point it is very hard to get students involved as usf has been bad for so long

our offense has been boring

and now we compete in the lower tier of div 1

i am afraid our window has closed

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,423
  • Days Won:  19

Until we get the stadium on campus we need to make the transition of getting the kids from campus to ray jay both fun and easy. I think attention needs to be paid to making the shuttling to the tailgating and back as seamless and fluid as possible. Free parking for students would also go a huge way.

Building a generation of freeloaders won't help sell season tickets in the future...what's next... trophies for attending??

haha! no... a generation of freeloaders?

I hope you are kidding...

Since they are ALREADY paying for the athletics budget. Next, yer probably going to start charging students season tickets to see opening games at home...

Not for USF.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

I explained this to you before a few months ago. Even for students, it is expensive to attend football games, despite the tickets being "free" (they are not, athletics fees at $14.73 an hour), there are other costs. Parking at the game is 15-20 these days. It's more if they want to tailgate, God forbid they buy stadium food. 

They are not you or I earning good money as professionals. They are students. If they are working, they are probably at or close to the minimum wage and almost certainly part time. Freeloaders? They're paying for their living expenses! And they are already paying basically for season tickets twice a year (essentially covering football and basketball). We got to get our students back int he game and at this point winning will just not just cure it. We have to get them invested.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

haha! no... a generation of freeloaders?

I hope you are kidding...

Since they are ALREADY paying for the athletics budget. Next, yer probably going to start charging students season tickets to see opening games at home...

Not for USF.

I explained this to you before a few months ago. Even for students, it is expensive to attend football games, despite the tickets being "free" (they are not, athletics fees at $14.73 an hour), there are other costs. Parking at the game is 15-20 these days. It's more if they want to tailgate, God forbid they buy stadium food. 

They are not you or I earning good money as professionals. They are students. If they are working, they are probably at or close to the minimum wage and almost certainly part time. Freeloaders? They're paying for their living expenses! And they are already paying basically for season tickets twice a year (essentially covering football and basketball). We got to get our students back int he game and at this point winning will just not just cure it. We have to get them invested.

Exactly. These students pay, and if the stadium was on campus they would just walk over. Because we have it off campus we should be making it as friendly as possible to the student experience. I mean we still want this to be a collegiate event right? or should we just make it NFL light?

Even if we could just buy a block of student lot tickets for say $10 a piece from Ray Jay for the first 500 students. I think the school could do 5k a game, 35k a year to contribute to the student experience. 

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,423
  • Days Won:  19

Winning games can justify anything

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,952
  • Days Won:  12

Being able to go to the games for free helped build my passion today. It is a good investment

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Being able to go to the games for free helped build my passion today. It is a good investment

Same.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

These are great points.  If Harlan isn't doing it already, they should be pulsing students to see what would help stuff our student section.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Boom. USF making some more good moves:

http://news.usf.edu/article/templates/?a=6429&z=215

USF students who become members of the Student Bulls Club (SBC) organization, a $10 per year membership, will have the opportunity to purchase a reserved parking space in the Student Tailgate Zone at the stadium for a discounted price of just $5 for each game. SBC members’ reserved parking lot will be Lot 4, which is accessed off of Himes Ave.