• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

You know that ESPN deal we all hate? ...Not So Fast My Friend!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,681
  • Days Won:  8

As long as the ESPN 3 comes through in HD and doesn't go to some crap 400 pixel resolution or lag I don't care if its online. If it saves me subscribing to a higher tier of programming I'd

Prefer ESPN3

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,519
  • Days Won:  422

Two years ago almost 50% of all sports fans went online for content, 17% watched live games. Two years ago and "all sports fans" so that number has risen. Over 9 million watched the past winter Olympics on NBC's website, up 24% from the London Summer Olympics online numbers. Then there was this years World Cup, streamed mostly on ESPN3.

From the bottom article on the World Cup that came out prior to it, discussing how much of it's going to be online, not on tv, and how greatly online access has increased since the last World Cup.

"Since then, according to Seth Ader, ESPN's senior director of sports marketing via CNET, smartphone penetration has increased from 67 million to 160 million, and the number of tablet users have risen from 13 million to 119 million. The average U.S. broadband speed in 2010 was almost 4 Mbps, and now it's almost 10 Mpbs."http://www.mobilemarketer.com/cms/news/research/14020.htmlhttp://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/22/sports/olympics/streaming-of-olympic-hockey-continues-to-expand.html?_r=0http://www.latinpost.com/articles/14648/20140611/how-we-watch-streaming-free-the-world-cup-2014-univision-vs-espn-att-digital-plans.htm

Interesting .... Nothing to do with this discussion about watching college football but still lots of fancy numbers.

Football is a live sport. Millions watch sports over the internet, over 30 million in the U.S. watched the World Cup on ESPN3 this summer. Your point seemed to be people don't know how to watch ESPN3 on their TV or won't watch on other devices. That seems to be a non-issue.

*Sigh* ... Here's my point, stated a few post earlier: I think more people still actually watch college football through cable/dish access rather than through an Internet only hookup so that availability is better right now, IMO.