• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

You know that ESPN deal we all hate? ...Not So Fast My Friend!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,525
  • Days Won:  422

With half of U.S. TVs being connected to the internet, or an internet enabled device, I don't think the argument about not knowing how to watch on tv is valid as it was. Plus you have the WatchESPN app on increasingly popular devices like the Roku, Chromecast and Xbox. I believe Xbox 360 sales are over it's lifespan around 100 million.

http://www.socaltech.com/nearly_half_of_u_s_households_have_tvs_connected_to_internet_says_report/s-0055424.html

The argument may not be as valid as it was because more do know how but it still is more than valid. Cable/dish availability is still way better than Internet only ... 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

With half of U.S. TVs being connected to the internet, or an internet enabled device, I don't think the argument about not knowing how to watch on tv is valid as it was. Plus you have the WatchESPN app on devices like the Roku and Xbox. I believe Xbox 360 sales are over it's lifespan around 100 million.http://www.socaltech.com/nearly_half_of_u_s_households_have_tvs_connected_to_internet_says_report/s-0055424.html

Not to mention Chromecast

Yes, I added it. I didn't know about that since I don't have it, saw it as a listed platform afterward. I do have a couple Roku and an XBox 360. Lots of phones now have mini hdmi out, you don't even need a computer to get WatchESPN to your tv. My iPad has an hdmi out cable too. Lots of options, just need hdmi out, hdmi in on your tv, or I think one of the old Roku has component out too.

With half of U.S. TVs being connected to the internet, or an internet enabled device, I don't think the argument about not knowing how to watch on tv is valid as it was. Plus you have the WatchESPN app on increasingly popular devices like the Roku, Chromecast and Xbox. I believe Xbox 360 sales are over it's lifespan around 100 million.http://www.socaltech.com/nearly_half_of_u_s_households_have_tvs_connected_to_internet_says_report/s-0055424.html

The argument may not be as valid as it was because more do know how but it still is more than valid. Cable/dish availability is still way better than Internet only ...

It's not number with cable/dish, it's number with CBS Sports access.

CBS Sports has 56 million potential viewers

.mil and .edu users have ESPN3 access, that's 21 million

Comcast HSI has access, that's 20 million

Dish Network has access that's 14 million

And there are many more ISP and TV providers with access, possibly over double what CBS Sports has because generally, if you get ESPN, like around 100 million do,,you get usually get ESPN access.

And the PQ rivals Sat/cable.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Where are the ESPN headquarters?

How many times have we heard that a certain school would do anything to get an invite?

I wonder who actually wrote the article...

With half of U.S. TVs being connected to the internet, or an internet enabled device, I don't think the argument about not knowing how to watch on tv is valid as it was. Plus you have the WatchESPN app on increasingly popular devices like the Roku, Chromecast and Xbox. I believe Xbox 360 sales are over it's lifespan around 100 million.http://www.socaltech.com/nearly_half_of_u_s_households_have_tvs_connected_to_internet_says_report/s-0055424.html

It's not number with cable/dish, it's number with CBS Sports access.

CBS Sports has 56 million potential viewers

99 million potential viewers ... CBS Sports Network is now seen in over 53 million homes and is available to more than 99 million households across the country. 

http://www.cbscorporation.com/news-article.php?id=983

It's not number with cable/dish, it's number with CBS Sports access.CBS Sports has 56 million potential viewers

99 million potential viewers ... CBS Sports Network is now seen in over 53 million homes and is available to more than 99 million households across the country.

http://www.cbscorporation.com/news-article.php?id=983

Meaning 53 million subscribers, 47 million don't subscribe to the tier of programming it's contracted on across tv providers. ESPN is on a low tier, cheaper, the 99 million subscribed tier and many have internet access to ESPN3 because they get ESPN access. Yet many others get it from who their ISP is or if they are at a school or on a military base.

Potential viewer in the sense I used it meant they actually subscribed vs they actually subscribed AND watched. The way they used it seems a little deceptive to me.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

With half of U.S. TVs being connected to the internet, or an internet enabled device, I don't think the argument about not knowing how to watch on tv is valid as it was. Plus you have the WatchESPN app on increasingly popular devices like the Roku, Chromecast and Xbox. I believe Xbox 360 sales are over it's lifespan around 100 million.

http://www.socaltech.com/nearly_half_of_u_s_households_have_tvs_connected_to_internet_says_report/s-0055424.html

Link?

Link?

Cable/dish is better

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Huh? Whatchu trying to pull here? That link had nothing in it to back up your assertion that cable/dish availability is better than Internet only.

post-7530-0-67211500-1408718488_thumb.jp