• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

College Football Playoff unveils selection committee protocol

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,430
  • Days Won:  19

there hasnt been a peep about further expansion

orlando and usf contingent needs to send their emissaries with a suitcase of benjamins to big 12 bosses

never going to happen

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,413
  • Days Won:  13

is there anyone in the P5 or Big XII talking expansion or it just those that want to get in? Just a quick internet search and I saw most of the talk was in 2012.

Read on another board that there is thinking that the NCAA is going to deregulate CCG rules in their October meeting. 2 of the 5 P5 want it. Guess we'll find out then.

The 2 of the P5 that want it are the Big 12 (so they can have a game with 10 teams) and the ACC (so they can put the best teams in, regardless of division).

And they can't do it in October.... it has to go through the legislative process... and be approved by the entire Division 1.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315
  • Days Won:  3

E. And other relevant factors such as key injuries.

Is that some kind of joke?  I know it's not but seriously.    So if let's say Winston goes down with an Injury and he is out for 6 weeks, and in that time Florida State loses two games and once he returns they win the rest of them, they will have grounds to put FSU in the title game.   

That would be beyond nice to have in the NFL.   "Hey Doug Martin got hurt and he is the Bucs best offensive weapon, so let's give them an extra win because they would have gotten it with him."  "Aaron Rodgers got hurt for 6 weeks and you lost 4 games?  No biggie, here's that 1st round bye that you would have earned had he have been there."

And College Football officials are wondering why their ratings and ticket sales have been dropping like a rock. LMAO.   The day we or any other AAC team for that matter goes undefeated and gets kept out in favor of another team that had some injuries early, I will be done watching any and all college football.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

A. Conference championships

That's the golden ticket. Re alignment wheels will fire up within the next 2 years if that keeps the Big12 out.

It says conference championship, as in, did you win your conference, NOT conference championship games.

If they insist on a game, they now have the power to make their own rules for the minimum number of teams needed, like they unsuccessfully petitioned the NCAA for earlier this year. So I wouldn't get my hopes up about expansion seeing they just tried to get it changed 4 months back.

This rule is not part of the Autonomy... the P5 cannot make this rule on their own. It requires all of Division 1 to support it.

A. Conference championships

That's the golden ticket. Re alignment wheels will fire up within the next 2 years if that keeps the Big12 out.

The Big 12 has a conference champion.

True, it doesn't say, "conference championship game."

Yes, this is technically true... however, a conference championship game adds to the strength of schedule... and I think it will be a factor when the Big 12 is left out of the playoffs the first two or three years. (And yes, I think it is more likely than not they will be left out.)
If Oklahoma, Texas, Oklahoma State, are 11-1 and ranked high, I really doubt they'll be left out. Edited by Joe

is there anyone in the P5 or Big XII talking expansion or it just those that want to get in? Just a quick internet search and I saw most of the talk was in 2012.

Rampant speculation. The Big 12 won't expand unless the P5 makes them, or the networks say they'll throw a lot more money their way.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Discussion should be on how the AAC can become more relevant as further realignment is not going to happen for a long, long while (if ever).

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,699
  • Days Won:  424

Discussion should be on how the AAC can become more relevant as further realignment is not going to happen for a long, long while (if ever).

On an year to year basis, AAC has to have some dominant teams within the conference, with wins against P5 outside the conference ... There's not much more they can control to become relevant.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

On an year to year basis, AAC has to have some dominant teams within the conference, with wins against P5 outside the conference ... There's not much more they can control to become relevant.

The corollary of which means that 3-4 AAC teams need to winless or nearly so in conference play so that 2-3 teams can roll up the cheap victories.