• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Official Demise of USF's Relevance in CFB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

I don't know about delusional fans on the board...I think they are all good fans....now time for me to saddle up my Unicorn and ride outa here.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

We've never shown relevance in our conference. Fix that and grab a couple more huge upsets OOC, and yes we can be relevant in CFB.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Didn't they say the same thing about Alabama

Stopped reading here.

Comparing USF football to Alabama football is like comparing Salisbury Steak to Filet Mignon.

Point is all teams rise and fall.

USF was never at a level to call what is happening to us now as a demise in relevancy.

Not sure what you think relevancy is.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Relevant?

I don't care what anybody else thinks of my Bulls. I will still love my Bulls if no one else does. I don't need other people's opinions of my team to decide whether I root for them or not.

The Bulls are relavant to ME, and that's fine.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Relevant?

I don't care what anybody else thinks of my Bulls. I will still love my Bulls if no one else does. I don't need other people's opinions of my team to decide whether I root for them or not.

I'd consider "relevant" Boise's level. Everyone in the country knows who they are, and that they're a good football program. We don't have to be UF or FSU, nor will we likely be for a long time if ever. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Relevant?

I'd consider "relevant" Boise's level. Everyone in the country knows who they are, and that they're a good football program. We don't have to be UF or FSU, nor will we likely be for a long time if ever. 

Every college football fan knows who we are - after all we just beat Baylor in the Fiesta, right?

LOL, I don't care if they know who we are or not.

I take that back. I want them to watch us on TV, because that increases the chances our games will STAY on TV, and I'll be able to watch even without moving back to Tampa. Yeah, I'm selfish, sue me.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

We've never shown relevance in our conference. Fix that and grab a couple more huge upsets OOC, and yes we can be relevant in CFB.

Rational posting isn't permitted in the Bullspen. :ph34r:

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,051
  • Days Won:  469

We've never shown relevance in our conference.

You must be talking about the AAC. You can say we didn't win a conference championship but it's incorrect to say we had no relevance. While convenient, it's harsh and incorrect.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  20
  • Days Won:  0

I'd say we were relevant in the BE. We just had some nasty midseason slides. But, the simple fact is that EVERY team in the BE respected us and heavily game-planned for us. And, that shows that we were absolutely relevant.

But, since the firing of JL, we have gone downward and have gone downward FAST!

It's sad and has pissed me off royally. We did it to ourselves (well, not us, but the Athl Dept). :(

Edited by dos equis

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,051
  • Days Won:  469

Didn't they say the same thing about Alabama

Stopped reading here.

Comparing USF football to Alabama football is like comparing Salisbury Steak to Filet Mignon.

Point is all teams rise and fall.

USF was never at a level to call what is happening to us now as a demise in relevancy.

Not sure what you think relevancy is.

I'm as hopeful as you are. But living outside of Tampa over the last decade it's more easy to view relevance as something other than a conference or BCS championship.

Just talked to an Iowan here in Phoenix that could intelligently tell me about USF's meteoric rise and subsequent fall. There's a longer, funnier story on why we were chatting... But I'll add that later.

It's real to many that aren't even USF fans so I'd give those that sense the change a little more room.