• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Bulletin: August Edition

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

THIS IS THE FOURTH EDITION OF A MONTHLY NEWSLETTER FROM DIRECTOR OF ATHLETICS MARK HARLAN THAT WILL BE POSTED THE FIRST THURSDAY OF EVERY MONTH TO KEEP FANS AND SUPPORTERS OF USF ATHLETICS INFORMED ON THE LATEST HAPPENINGS IN THE ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT. GO BULLS!

Buckle up your seatbelts Bulls fans!  We are about to embark on a 2014-15 athletics season that I believe will be full of memorable moments and great accomplishments from Raymond James Stadium to the USF Athletics campus and beyond.

Football season is less than 25 days away and USF Nation should be excited by the momentum the Bulls have built heading into a very promising year for Coach Willie Taggart and his team. Willie continues to reiterate the importance of our team doing the right things on and off the field and it is great to see so many of our student-athletes buying into what it takes to chase excellence. The Bulls set new school records with 23 football student-athletes on the American Athletic Conference All-Academic Team and a program-best APR mark of 973.   

Fans who have attended fall camp on our beautiful campus this week have seen the bulked-up Bulls and 30 new scholarship players prepare for the season. Speaking of bulked-up Bulls, watch senior defensive tackle Todd Chandler squat 700 pounds HERE.

Practices this week have been open to the public and there are two more opportunities to catch the action Friday at 3 p.m. and Saturday at 2 p.m. at the Frank Morsani Football Complex. 

Fans will have a chance to get close to our student-athletes and coaches at Bulls Fan Fest on Saturday, August 16.  We are doing something different this year with the annual event by holding it on campus at Corbett Stadium, the home of our soccer teams, and by involving all fall sports teams and coaches. Coaches and student athletes from our football, men’s and women’s soccer, cross country and volleyball teams will be on hand.  We invite you to get to know our coaches and student-athletes a little better by participating with them in games, taking photos, collecting autographs and engaging these fine young men and women.  We will also offer a first-time ever discount sale of past Bulls gear, uniforms and memorabilia from our team’s stocks, something we hope the Bulls’ faithful will enjoy. 

You may have noticed former Jefferson High School star receiver Andre Davis on our billboard on I-275 near downtown Tampa. It is one of the beginning elements of our “Live Green and Gold†campaign, focused on encouraging fans to embrace the spirit, fun and uniqueness of college athletics and the experiences it can provide. 

We hope you have started to plan your fall by marking your calendars for our many great home events. If you haven’t gotten your tickets for football season or for our other fall sports I encourage you to do so by calling 1-800-GoBulls.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  581
  • Days Won:  0

I LOVE the fact that he is much more informative than his predecessor was. I can tell why he is well-liked in the community. Should go a long way into bringing more fans through the athletic gates and more alumni back home.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I LOVE the fact that he is much more informative than his predecessor was. I can tell why he is well-liked in the community. Should go a long way into bringing more fans through the athletic gates and more alumni back home.

Still loving he will answer nearly any questions on twitter within a few days of you asking them, sometimes that same day. He has been great so far.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Definitely doing what he can to get the fans involved and get back to growing the base, which leads to more $$ for the programs. Now if we can just win...

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

A night and day difference between Harlan and his predecessor, personality-wise. I hope that translates to more butts in seats and more money in USF's coffers.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Still loving he will answer nearly any questions on twitter within a few days of you asking them, sometimes that same day. He has been great so far.

Unlikely he is personally answering his twitter account, but it's great that SOMEONE is responding

(sorry if this is a double-post, but I'm feeling vuja de here...)

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

Unlikely he is personally answering his twitter account, but it's great that SOMEONE is responding

He made a comment at the BullsRally that he does answer them...

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

He made a comment at the BullsRally that he does answer them...

Sure he did. He's a politician.

What he REALLY does is delegate. Like any good manager would.