• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

First Practice Thoughts

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

If Tags is happy with the QBs ... good sign ... just trying to temper any expectations I have ...

*cough Matt Floyd**cough

Exactly.  Although I can't remember how confident Tags was about Floyd last year compared to this year. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

If Tags is happy with the QBs ... good sign ... just trying to temper any expectations I have ...

*cough Matt Floyd**cough

Exactly. Although I can't remember how confident Tags was about Floyd last year compared to this year.

Not very I thought it was down to the wire. Really it was between Eveld and Floyd..Bench and White still learning playbook.

We have much better options at qb this fall.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

Here's the thing. Last year Taggart struggled to come up with things to compliment the QBs on. That's not the case this year.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

I thought it was an abnormally positive report on a first practice. Usually they talk about how the defense is ahead of the offense, and other problems. And they state how they will work through the problems. Instead he says they are where they want to be or should be, which maybe is just a different, positive, wording for the same thing.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

Coach Taggart has been pretty up front and clear with his words since coming to USF.  He talked about the problems going into last year.  I think this year he thinks the team is where they want it or should be.  He never once uttered that last year so maybe he thinks the team is at least decent at this point.  He keeps saying he's got a plan and sticking to it... so they are on schedule according to the plan.  

Edited by USF2011Grad

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

I've met the players who were on the field when we were doing what we were supposed to be doing. They hate watching us lose the way we have. They get fired up and wish they could help these new guys understand the swagger that has come before them. I am all for it. Get these alumni down there and whip these new people into shape.