• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Prize All Bulls Want Will Be Revealed Monday

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

I already can't wait for talks of a 8 - team Playoff.

That is what we need. Prez Obama needs to use his power and create better access for everyone. More play off spots. This would be Obama's legacy

What needs to happen is get the corporate and rich donor money out of the equation. Put a limit on coaching salaries. Put a limit on the amount of money goes into sports and any extra donated goes to academics. Stop treating it like the NFL, get back to amateur athletics, TRUE amateur athletics and with that, PARITY. The majority of football fans don't want to see 1 school or 1 conference win repeatedly. They want EVERYONE to have a chance. A REAL chance to build a program that can make a national title run. Not outspent by tens of millions with a coach making half as much as the average program spends. Play the game for the love of the game, not the love of money.

Really? Just where do you get that from? I guarantee you that any fan of a specific college football team wants nothing more that that school to win repeatedly ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I already can't wait for talks of a 8 - team Playoff.

That is what we need. Prez Obama needs to use his power and create better access for everyone. More play off spots. This would be Obama's legacy

What needs to happen is get the corporate and rich donor money out of the equation. Put a limit on coaching salaries. Put a limit on the amount of money goes into sports and any extra donated goes to academics. Stop treating it like the NFL, get back to amateur athletics, TRUE amateur athletics and with that, PARITY. The majority of football fans don't want to see 1 school or 1 conference win repeatedly. They want EVERYONE to have a chance. A REAL chance to build a program that can make a national title run. Not outspent by tens of millions with a coach making half as much as the average program spends. Play the game for the love of the game, not the love of money.

Really? Just where do you get that from? I guarantee you that any fan of a specific college football team wants nothing more that that school to win repeatedly ...

I actually decided to read this in case you had something intelligent to say. The fans of one school aren't the majority of football fans. Of course the fans of the specific school winning over and over do, but they aren't the majority are they? Those not winning want an equal chance to win, don't they? They want their team to have an equal chance, and not less of a chance because of donor money. Do you want USF to have less of a chance to win because USF doesn't have donor money to support a $60-80 million football budget?

Pro leagues promote PARITY, they want all teams to have an equal shot at the title and that's the key to success of organizations like the NFL. You don't have it in D1 football. You have a large division due to outside money and influences, it needs to be reigned in.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Perhaps better said as, "Everyone wants their school to have a chance". The majority of fans would love to see their team at the top, but when that's not realistic they just want to see the champion earn it.

• Upvote 1

Perhaps better said as, "Everyone wants their school to have a chance". The majority of fans would love to see their team at the top, but when that's not realistic they just want to see the champion earn it.

Its a given that everyone wants their team to win the NC and to have a fair chance to be the team that wins the NC, not just 1 school or conference due to money. The current rules don't allow for a parity situation that can make that a reality. There needs to be and I think every fan outside the top funded programs would support that type of situation, a level playing field.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000263645/article/charles-davis-people-are-sick-of-the-sec-alabama

I think the NCAA, or whomever, should limit the annual total football budgets to an amount achievable by the majority. Excess donations go to a fund for the handful of lessor funded teams that need a little help, say less than 10% toward the limit and to that school getting the donations academic foundation. That would do a lot toward parity. And get rid of a lot of these lessor bowl games. Bring back the magic of the old days of college football when players played for the love of the game and coaches didn't change jobs at the drop of a hat over money.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I think every team should get a trophy at the end of the season. And stop keeping score during games.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,344
  • Days Won:  43

I think every team should get a trophy at the end of the season. And stop keeping score during games.

That would be nice. Also, I think the tackling is getting too violent for the players. Would be nice if they just changed it to two hand touch. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

TWO hand touch? How can players be expected to get both hands on their opponent? That doesn't seem fair.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Excess donations go to a fund for the handful of lessor funded teams that need a little help...

If I donate my money to improve my school, they had better get the benefit. If NCAA got involved to this level, I'd advocate for all leagues' autonomy.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,344
  • Days Won:  43

TWO hand touch? How can players be expected to get both hands on their opponent? That doesn't seem fair.

You are right as it may be too difficult. Maybe they should just do flad football. The women do flag football in high school and that is doing well. Would not mind seeing football adopting the flag fooball concept since it looks like tackling may be outlawed years from now.

Edited by Bull Daly