• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rapper Plies visits with USF staff

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Man, get those guys a sandwich

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  57
  • Days Won:  0

I know Plies and he's a good guy and great father of 3.  He doesn't live in Wesley Chapel, he lives in New Tampa.  Whatever you google about him is a character he plays on stage/screen.  He's a quiet and respectful person in real-life.  His kids are unbelievably model children and his son is off the charts athletically.  All I can say is, if he's around the program, it's a GREAT thing.  He's got serious street cred and the way he conducts himself in real-life would be a great thing for our players to get to see and emulate.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

I know Plies and he's a good guy and great father of 3.  He doesn't live in Wesley Chapel, he lives in New Tampa.  Whatever you google about him is a character he plays on stage/screen.  He's a quiet and respectful person in real-life.  His kids are unbelievably model children and his son is off the charts athletically.  All I can say is, if he's around the program, it's a GREAT thing.  He's got serious street cred and the way he conducts himself in real-life would be a great thing for our players to get to see and emulate.

Nice to hear that from somebody who knows him personally. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Nice to hear that from somebody who knows him personally. 

Yup...thanks for chiming in, Boogie.

I have to say...I took my 18 y/o son to see Kendrick Lamar, and a bunch of openers.  Man...the profanity was stunningly abundant.  At least now I know where the bounds of my love for my son are:  no more rap concerts with him [but, I get how kids get the energy from the music; just wish it didn't glorify violence & disrespect to women...and each other...so much.  Not all of it, clearly, but a LOT of it],

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Agreed, good post man

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

I know Plies and he's a good guy and great father of 3. He doesn't live in Wesley Chapel, he lives in New Tampa. Whatever you google about him is a character he plays on stage/screen. He's a quiet and respectful person in real-life. His kids are unbelievably model children and his son is off the charts athletically. All I can say is, if he's around the program, it's a GREAT thing. He's got serious street cred and the way he conducts himself in real-life would be a great thing for our players to get to see and emulate.

Was going to post something similar. He's a very intelligent man and how he comes off in his music couldn't be farther from who he is in real life. He found a persona that he has used to make a lot of mony with.

Can't be mad at him for that.