• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Top Teams On The Outside

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

No mention of lee roy selmon, I call BS on this reporter from Oklahoma actually knowing anything about football.

Columnist

Berry Tramel, a lifelong Oklahoman, sports fan and newspaper reader, joined The Oklahoman in 1991 and has served as beat writer, assistant sports editor, sports editor and columnist.

Tramel grew up reading four daily newspapers — The Oklahoman, the Oklahoma City Times, the Norman Transcript and the Oklahoma Journal — and entered the newspaper business at the age of 17, with the Transcript in 1978. His first game assignment was the Lexington-Elmore City high school football game, and he has enjoyed the journey ever since, from high school wrestling duals and regional track meets to Orange Bowls and the NBA playoffs.

Tramel was born and raised in Norman, Okla. He and his wife, Tricia, were married in 1980 and live in Norman near their daughter, son-in-law and three granddaughters.

And how does Selmon help us get into a P5 conference? Would you have put him under a strength or weakness for us in this article?

Lrs is not a factor in realignment. But him not mentioning Lrs as part of our history shows he's stupid for not relating Usf to his readership in Oklahoma. Or he's stupid for not knowing how important Lrs was to starting football in the first place. (Lrs played college in Oklahoma)

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Are you absolutely positive you're not just making something up to ***** about?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

You would think someone from Oklahoma would remember that, and we did play them mostly, if not entirely, because of Lee Roy.

He may not know the Bulls, but he may not know the Sooners either.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Maybe he was the OKC Thunder beat writer covering for someone on their day off.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

What would an OCS do for building name recognition? It will give us a plug on ESPN for about 15 seconds and then would be relegated to an obligatory "we are here at USF's new stadium" every broadcast. Sorry, that does zippo for name recognition.

Build the team on the field. Go back to shocking the storied programs and play in some meaningful games and win them. That is how you become relevant.

How did we start to get some noteriety in the first place? We beat Auburn, we won a meaningful game vs WVU on national TV and had an interesting (the Grohawk became a story by itself), dynamic QB and nation's sack leader. Then we played a meaningful game vs Rutgers.

There was never a mention about not having an OCS.

Do something dynamic with some dynamic players and there is plenty of story to tell.

USF has a new athletic administration. 

Winning seems to be a bigger focus.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

What would really catch their attention is a nice state of the art on campus football stadium.

Great idea! Where should we put it? Anyone have a campus map?

And, if possible, could someone drop in a stadium to give perspective? I think the Orange Bowl would work.

I was told on a different thread that we need at least 125k seats in our OCS, so I'm thinking the Daytona International Speedway may be a better option. The Orange Bowl is too small for our fanbase.

How many miles is a lap around that crappy old mall?

Not enough. Pretty sure we need to look at something more like the Nurburgring. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315
  • Days Won:  3

The biggest issue I have with what the author of the article posted is "The Bulls ONLY drew 34,000 people per game last season."

Ummmmmmmmm in case you didn't notice we were 2-10 and the best "names" that we played at home were Louisville, which if I recall was at Noon, and Cincy.  If the Bulls are pulling in 34k in ticket sales with an awful team and not really facing any big name opponents then imagine what would happen if we put out a good team and have games against West Virginia, Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and even teams like Baylor, TCU, and Kansas.   I hate to admit it but some of those road teams alone like Texas would bring in a potential 20k plus fans.  The Bulls could easily in the Big XII start pulling in 50,000+ per game which would put them right in the middle of the Big XII.    On top of that then The Big XII has a team who plays their home games in a stadium that will be hosting the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.   That's a big deal. 

Personally I'm not really big on building an OCS and am much more into the idea of the Bucs and Bulls pooling their resources together (like the Jets and Giants) and building an amazing state of the art stadium that they can share.    If done correctly the stadium would feel like the home of the Bulls on Saturdays and the home of the Bucs on Sundays, instead of USF just renting the stadium.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

The only facility USF is lacking is an indoor football practice field. He can't be saying RJS is lacking, its been voted the top or second best natural field stadium in the NFL and the lockers for the players are very new. I don't know of a USF sport lacking a less than 5 or 6 year old at best facility or stadium , all comparable with what is found at at least some P5 schools.

LDJGFIUAUHRNNSE.20120821020210.jpg

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

Pretty sure those lockers are at the LRS Athletic Center on Fowler.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

And the RJS field has been going downhill off a cliff since the Glazers bought ManU

Edited by charsibb