• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dream Scenario - Would It Matter?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

I dont see an answer for the scoring void Rudd will leave unless Holston is a beast or Hawkins really steps it up and plays more aggressively.

Doesn't have to come from just one player ... 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  3,700
  • Days Won:  7

I dont see an answer for the scoring void Rudd will leave unless Holston is a beast or Hawkins really steps it up and plays more aggressively.

Doesn't have to come from just one player ... 

Exactly, you should have increased scoring from Perry & Egbunu that can close the gap. 5 extra points a game from each of them equates to 10 we lose from Rudd. Perhaps someone like Corey Allen Jr. or JaVontae Hawkins can step into a more productive role and clean up the last of those lost PPG.

Edited by USFBulls12

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Point is you need someone making plays on the perimeter or slashing in the lane to open things up for the big guys. Otherwise any team that can play a 2-3 zone will shut us down.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Point is you need someone making plays on the perimeter or slashing in the lane to open things up for the big guys. Otherwise any team that can play a 2-3 zone will shut us down.

Agreed .... but we've got guys like Hawkins'Leday who've showed flashes, 2 guys sitting on the bench we won't even have seen this year, Holston coming in, Allen's showed he can hit from the outside when he takes the shot, Musa may have an epiphany ... I'm not saying whether everything will click next year for sure ... nobody know whether they will or not ... but I just don't think it will be that hard to replace Rudd/Brock's production as it was to replace the seniors from 2011-12. Most definitely looking better in the options department than we were going into last year.

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

Agreed .... but we've got guys like Hawkins'Leday who've showed flashes, 2 guys sitting on the bench we won't even have seen this year, Holston coming in, Allen's showed he can hit from the outside when he takes the shot, Musa may have an epiphany ... I'm not saying whether everything will click next year for sure ... nobody know whether they will or not ... but I just don't think it will be that hard to replace Rudd/Brock's production as it was to replace the seniors from 2011-12. Most definitely looking better in the options department than we were going into last year.

Add in a healthy AC to the mix as well

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

I have watched Perry this year and he seems to respond very well to coaching.  He could be a team leader by next year.  Still need that 3 point shooter and AC back next year - future is bright.

Oh  Nice dream so lets start with the next game and win that one.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565

We'd be on the bubble and likely need a couple of wins in the AAC Tournament to get in based on winning out in the regular season.

I figured we would be an NIT team thus season and that is certainly in play.

Next season I see us making the NCAA Tournament.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  3,700

When was USF's last win against a ranked team? In this scenario, we win 3 ranked games..hahaha oh how improbable this dream is lol

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  344
  • Days Won:  1

I mean, if it happened, sure we could be a bubble team.  NCAA likes a hot team with good wins.  But we would need to make it decently deep into the AAC tourney and then be at the mercy of the NCAA. 

That said, we don't stand a snowball's chance in hell.