• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We lost Porter, Reagan, Litton & Stewart. But, wow, grade this class!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Jamie â€@chuckycrater 2m

More with the 247 composite scores: USF's class beat every other non-P5 school handily. Marshall was 2nd, more than 20 points behind.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Jamie â€@chuckycrater 2m

More with the 247 composite scores: USF's class beat every other non-P5 school handily. Marshall was 2nd, more than 20 points behind.

Marshall's class is artifically high, as they suck up good players who likely can't qual.  Huge season of recruiting.

Jamie â€@chuckycrater 2m

Marshall's class is artifically high, as they suck up good players who likely can't qual.  Huge season of recruiting.

And even with that, we are more than 20 points ahead of them.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Jamie â€@chuckycrater 2m

Not to rain on our own parade, but there are pretty significant question marks in our class as well.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,414
  • Days Won:  13

Jamie â€@chuckycrater 2m

Not to rain on our own parade, but there are pretty significant question marks in our class as well.

And USF was going after at least one of them too.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

ESPN updated their rankings this morning and still left us out. Our class was better than Nebraska's even before our most recent commits. Something fishy is going on. Maybe they don't want an AAC school breaking the top 40...

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  403
  • Days Won:  0

I'm nay-saying on Litton just because we didn't get him.  I watched him play in a couple of high school games this season and I really didn't think that he was a standout.  Everyone talked about his size, just like they did Josh Freeman when he came to the bucs.  Size doesn't win football games.  Ask Russell Wilson.  Litton was a fine qb, but he Mike White was a far better high school qb.  In particular, I watched Wharton vs Plant (a game where he actually played against college level talent).  He didn't appear to be a college level qb in that game.  Where did he end up by the way?

I like Flowers' athleticism. 

And, that said, who are the best QB's we have ever had here.  My answer: (in no order), Grothe, BJ Daniels, and Blackwell.  That is the type of qb that we have had excel here.  None of them tall, all of them athletic.  I'm happy with Flowers.

I'm nay-saying on Litton just because we didn't get him.  I watched him play in a couple of high school games this season and I really didn't think that he was a standout.  Everyone talked about his size, just like they did Josh Freeman when he came to the bucs.  Size doesn't win football games.  Ask Russell Wilson.  Litton was a fine qb, but he Mike White was a far better high school qb.  In particular, I watched Wharton vs Plant (a game where he actually played against college level talent).  He didn't appear to be a college level qb in that game.  Where did he end up by the way?

And, that said, who are the best QB's we have ever had here.  My answer: (in no order), Grothe, BJ Daniels, and Blackwell.  That is the type of qb that we have had excel here.  None of them tall, all of them athletic.  I'm happy with Flowers.

We ran a spread offense for those QBs, that's not to say that Flowers can't run a traditional offense.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

ESPN updated their rankings this morning and still left us out. Our class was better than Nebraska's even before our most recent commits. Something fishy is going on. Maybe they don't want an AAC school breaking the top 40...

As a whole, Nebraska's class is slightly better than ours, it's not fishy.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  109
  • Days Won:  0

This is how they determine their rankings: http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/8900833/how-determine-our-class-rankings

They straight up say there is a human element involved. I would say there most likely is P5 favoritism involved.