• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We lost Porter, Reagan, Litton & Stewart. But, wow, grade this class!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

If I'm remembering who Stewart is right then he was a tailback that I could get behind but that didn't make me excited really.

On the other hand picking up Marlon Mack...that's a back that's got my juices flowing a bit. He's not a guy like Darius Tice that I really have to study with a magnifying glass to see what it is that could make him decent at the next level. You don't have to look very long to see why Marlon Mack could be a good player at the college level.

He's big, he's usually faster than everyone on the field, and he's explosive. Has some good daylight instincts too.

And you guys probably know my stance on Chase Litton. That's a tough loss regardless of the circumstances and regardless of the "well we didn't want you anyway!" instincts that tend to flow around here. He's a very good recruiting prospect at the position. Very good.

****. Tyre McCants is really, really good. Wow. That's one that is very easy to fall in love with.

Benjamin Knox is obviously a physically gifted looking player but I have some issues with him that I think make Michael Galati much more of a batteries-included recruiting prospect despite Knox's being generally rated far better.

Knox is clearly borrowing power at the expense of control in the way he plays. The way he moves and carries himself is not structurally sound or balanced. Frankly, I'm tempted to put him on defense.

• Content Count:  390
  • Days Won:  0

ESPN updated their ranking again.. We're at 40!

One last guy that I think is underrated is Devin Abraham. He intrigues me more than some guys that are rated better that USF signed.

For full disclosure, when Donnie Abraham has a son and that son is a defensive back prospect, there's a certain amount of the story I'm going to buy pretty much sight-unseen. I definitely believe in bloodlines and upbringing. I've seen too much not to.

It's therefore not surprising that when you look at the tape of him, he has the look of a born football player. Tough, physical, aggressive as all heck, willing to put his body out there every play, and then you add on top of it some speed and really great natural ball skills and I think you've got a winner.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

So what if we lost a fickle QB, starry eyed ATH, a judo champ and a promising RB who may wind up in jail (side note: hope the guy gets help)?  

Come on.  Is this really necessary?  Must we act like Miami fan and insult every kid that chooses another school to make ourselves feel better?

We got a great class.  These are teenagers making the biggest decision of their lives and they have to do what is right for them.   Let it go, please.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

So what if we lost a fickle QB, starry eyed ATH, a judo champ and a promising RB who may wind up in jail (side note: hope the guy gets help)?  

Come on.  Is this really necessary?  Must we act like Miami fan and insult every kid that chooses another school to make ourselves feel better?

We got a great class.  These are teenagers making the biggest decision of their lives and they have to do what is right for them.   Let it go, please.

Is your monthly "friend" in town? That insulting kids who choose other schools?  GTFOH.  Porter was ours, still UF (maybe his dream school called).  He was said to have been so giddy his pants fell down running from class to celebrate.  Starry eyed for UF.  He's not alone, and that's not an insult to him.  FIckle QB...I do think that's fair to say regarding the Litton situation.  Doesn't make him a bad guy.  Pretty sure Reagan won't be insulted at calling him a judo champ, and Stewart won't be upset at calling him a promising RB who got in trouble (and who I hope gets help...sincerely).

When I first returned to the site months ago after a hiatus, I didn't understand why SO MANY member thought you were a d-bag.  Well, it hasn't taken me long to see why so many think you're a tool.  You've earned it.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

And you guys probably know my stance on Chase Litton. That's a tough loss regardless of the circumstances and regardless of the "well we didn't want you anyway!" instincts that tend to flow around here. He's a very good recruiting prospect at the position. Very good.

He didn't sign with a FCS school, how good can he be?

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

then why didn't he sign? or receive any good offers?

grades?