• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

USF news coverage is horrible!!  I know this has been brought up before, but I was waiting to give JK some time to get into the job, but I see no news what so ever.  Not one mention today about Anthony Collins.  A small blurb yesterday that he might redshirt.  This is news that USF basketball fans want to hear.  I know he had a tough act to follow, GA was GREAT.  But come on if this is your job come up with something other then there is a game tonight and the bulls are playing. I can do that by looking at the schedule.  Step up or get someone else to do the job right!!  I do not follow football as much but he doesn't seem much better there either.  Should there not be more news on recruiting and the coaching changes?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

you have to follow both him and Jeff Odom. They split duties. I think JK does an ok job along with Jeff, its just that GA was great and a tough act to follow(as you mentioned).

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

I can't speak too much for the paper since I don't get it every day, but radio coverage has gotten back to pre-2005 levels.  Even on our "flagship" station, we don't get much coverage outside of the scheduled programming.  I guess that's the price of sucking.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  39
  • Days Won:  0

USF news coverage is horrible!!  I know this has been brought up before, but I was waiting to give JK some time to get into the job, but I see no news what so ever.  Not one mention today about Anthony Collins.  A small blurb yesterday that he might redshirt.  This is news that USF basketball fans want to hear.  I know he had a tough act to follow, GA was GREAT.  But come on if this is your job come up with something other then there is a game tonight and the bulls are playing. I can do that by looking at the schedule.  Step up or get someone else to do the job right!!  I do not follow football as much but he doesn't seem much better there either.  Should there not be more news on recruiting and the coaching changes?

Hey, BC Gruber -- We ran a story on the possibility this week. You can find that here: http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/collins-looking-into-redshirt/2160793

Also, for coaching change and recruiting info it's been on our Twitters: @TBTimes_Bulls and @byjeffodom ... and here, on the site: http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/will-bulls-possess-a-sturdy-passing-game/2160932

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/wulff-officially-named-offensive-coordinator/2160562

Thanks for reading.

- Jeff 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I know you guys aren't expected to cover the Bulls like, Greg, but if there's a basketball game, at the very least a pregame and post game analysis are pretty rock solid filler posts.  It's not like there's nothing going in USF athletics.  2-3 posts on the blog a week make it wholly unreadable.  BY the time the information gets there we've gotten it somewhere else and what's the point to check in daily if there's nothing to read.

Greg was pretty solid about producing at least one story every day.  Sometime 2 or 3, but one story every 2 or 3 days is essentially useless to even have a USF blog.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

You guys just need to adapt to the new ways they cover the Bulls, like Twitter.  Forget that newspapers are still in decline, you need follow the news how THEY want to bring it to you, and if you keep ******** about it, soon you'll have to pay to follow their Twitter accounts ...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,004
  • Days Won:  12

Have you tried friendly, direct, constructive feedback?  :2cents:

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Have you tried friendly, direct, constructive feedback?  :2cents:

Twice to no avail.  I'm pretty much done harping on the matter and just don't follow the blog anymore.  I understand the position that they shouldn't have to justify the online subscription through the USF blog alone, however for myself, it's all I read.  So, if it's not worth the sub, then I wont get one.  In reality, it's not even worth checking without a sub anymore.

What more can I say other than other than I'd like more USF coverage to the tune of at least one story a day.  If two guys can't deliver that (I know they do other things) that's OK.  I'll move on to somewhere else.

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  1

USF needs to make some news and it will be covered!!  What has been our big news worthy athletic accomplishment the past two years?  We have knocked off a bunch of top 25 teams - not.