• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New iPhone User - Any USF App Suggestions?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,637
  • Days Won:  3

Downloaded the two apps I found in the App Store by searching USF - one for athletics and the other that is more of a campus/univeristy info site with maps which I think I'll find helpful.  Of course I already have the bullspen on the phone

Anybody have any others that they know about that would be interesting?

On a side note, I finally went to the GOUSFBULLS.com site to update my pc wallpaper from the football schedule theme to something related to basketball and found the latest one they had was with Skip on it! There is a heading with "Football" and nothing under it, and I know there used to be when I got the 2014 football schedule wallpaper.  Can anyone else see other options?

Thanks.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

They really aren't that great I have iBulls, USF Alumni, and The Oracle on my phone...never really use them. The Alumni Voice usually covers everything I care to read about when it shows up in the mail.

You want the latest USF news? Use that iPhone and hop on twitter. Start following people who cover the things you like about USF. You will receive information the minute it happens.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

I agree Twitter is the best route.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

I don't have the Twitter app (not sure if true but user reviews show it to be slow and buggy) but I have  "Go Bulls: Free" which is OK but lacking for breaking news.  I found the "Team Stream by Bleacher Report" app gives the best overview of current breaking Bulls news and it includes Greg Auman's Tweets.   FYI....I'm running these on Andriod.

You've been warned....just don't mention B/R on this site or you will be hazed !

Edited by Bulls2k

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Hem nailed it...I have iBulls but rarely open it. I use Twitter, an RSS feed app for blogs (not as great now that Auman is gone), and of course TBP via Safari. Twitter is great, but with your news you get a lot of superfluous stuff too.

Does anyone use a specific app to access TBP? Browser app has been ok for me, although I have trouble with pics and emoticons.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Tapatalk is a big app that is free now, but I've become so accustomed to just using a browser that I didn't like it that much. It's more of a universal message board/forum viewer.

Other than a few things on this site, most of my info comes from Twitter. Follow all the usual beat writers and conference stuff, local papers - I try to stay away from anything ESPN related on Twitter.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

Hem nailed it...I have iBulls but rarely open it. I use Twitter, an RSS feed app for blogs (not as great now that Auman is gone), and of course TBP via Safari. Twitter is great, but with your news you get a lot of superfluous stuff too.

Does anyone use a specific app to access TBP? Browser app has been ok for me, although I have trouble with pics and emoticons.

I use iBulls but mostly just  to access Bullscast ... and to access here, I use the Full Version through Safari, TBP6 theme and it looks just like I have on the PC but am missing some functions like the emoticons.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

iBulls is excellent for live coverage of games ($) but you can watch video interviews and press conferences for free. Also get the radio.com app to listen to coaches shows if you live outside of Florida.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

The Big East had an app and the AAC said it was going to have one too last fall and so far nothing.

They do have some videos on the website and looks like they carry some events live too, theamerican.org. I don't know if you need a pay account to watch USF content on the website, when they have it live. The recaps and full games they do have are free.