• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What schools get from Adidas , Nike and Under Armor

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Agree we should count ourselves fortunate to have what we have.

UCF's deal with Nike until 2015 is funny, since they were an Adidas school until MJ, Jr. killed the deal by wearing some Air's on the court in 2009. I'm sure Nike got them on contract for a steal, but I couldn't find the value due to NDA's in place.

I would be willing to bet that Nike matched what ever the Adidas deal was.  I highly doubt they came in and undercut them.

Adidas pulled their support out because of the insult, it wasn't a matter of undercutting. I'm not sure they had any other offers on the table, but with MJ being the face of Nike...

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Agree we should count ourselves fortunate to have what we have.

UCF's deal with Nike until 2015 is funny, since they were an Adidas school until MJ, Jr. killed the deal by wearing some Air's on the court in 2009. I'm sure Nike got them on contract for a steal, but I couldn't find the value due to NDA's in place.

I would be willing to bet that Nike matched what ever the Adidas deal was.  I highly doubt they came in and undercut them.

Adidas pulled their support out because of the insult, it wasn't a matter of undercutting. I'm not sure they had any other offers on the table, but with MJ being the face of Nike...

Undercut was a bad word choice.  Lowball would have been much better.  With MJ being one of the faces of Nike, I'm sure Nike matched a deal that MJ's son spoiled.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Peace, idk the contract value. You could be right, but the situation that brought it about was pretty funny.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Yeah, those are great numbers for us. Credit to whoever negotiated that deal for USF.

we are getting less than cinncinati!

why is that

we are underpaid

Cincy getting more than us makes perfect sense to me. Cincy is consistently in the bigger bowls and consistently plays in bigger,and high profile meaningful games.

Their basketball team is national brand that plays regularly in post season play.

In both sports they are pretty exciting to watch.

It is about impressions. The more people a team can attract to watch and see the brand logo then the the contract is more valuable to the sponsor.

Our teams, even when we somehow find a way to win, are either unwatchable

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Amazing we got that contract

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

I do remember a couple years back when UCF almost lost their deal with Adidas because Jordan's kid was wearing Air Jordans.  Adidas was a $3M dollare deal with the school.

Edited by usfbullcpa