• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chris Weinke next QB coach?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

we are stuck with what we have

it is hard to be optimistic

When you're young, it's hard to be optimistic. When you get old, it's optimistic to be hard.

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

:D

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

We tried to grab our Weinke last go round, but he was stuck in his other situation.

Never good when a Weinke gets stuck

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

We need Weinke to fill our gaping coaching hole..

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I hear Pat Julmiste or Ronnie Banks are available.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  86
  • Days Won:  0

Coach Weinke is a very good coach for IMG Academy.  They are still working on the main athletic football facility and they are starting a JV team.  He doesn't talk to much to other coaches outside what is necessary to schedules games for IMG and the salutations before and after a game; however, I seriously doubt he leaves IMG unless there's money being thrown his way. He's also about a year away from needing IMG to start scheduling out-of-state games because nobody in Florida will play them. When high school contracts are up after this year, IMG is going to be in a world of hurt scheduling wise.

Consider this, when he introduced Winston, he was wearing a IMG jacket- not a FSU jacket. 

As a proud USF alumni, I'd love to bring in Weinke; however, the ultimate pipe dream for USF for a QB coach would be Dom Ciao at Berkeley Prep. 

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Why would a lifelong high school coach at an academically elite prep school be the pipe dream for usf?

Coach Weinke is a very good coach for IMG Academy.  They are still working on the main athletic football facility and they are starting a JV team.  He doesn't talk to much to other coaches outside what is necessary to schedules games for IMG and the salutations before and after a game; however, I seriously doubt he leaves IMG unless there's money being thrown his way. He's also about a year away from needing IMG to start scheduling out-of-state games because nobody in Florida will play them. When high school contracts are up after this year, IMG is going to be in a world of hurt scheduling wise.

Consider this, when he introduced Winston, he was wearing a IMG jacket- not a FSU jacket. 

As a proud USF alumni, I'd love to bring in Weinke; however, the ultimate pipe dream for USF for a QB coach would be Dom Ciao at Berkeley Prep. 

Interesting schedule they had, but I can't believe this has been up since August and NOBODY caught the error. They can't even spell their own team name right. Fire the AD!!

http://www.imgacademy.com/events/2013-2014-varsity-football-schedule

2013-2014 marks the inaugural season for IMG Academy Acsenders football...

W 38-0 | 8/24/2013 | vs. Palm Beach Lakes Community High School @ IMG Academy

W 21-6 | 8/30/2013 | at Olympia High School @ Titan Football Field

W 30-15 | 9/06/2013 | vs. North Miami Beach Senior High School @ IMG Academy

W 43-24 | 9/13/2013 | vs. Cardinal Newman High School @ IMG Academy

W 47-23 | 9/20/2013 | at Trinity Catholic High School @ Celtic Stadium - School Campus

W 35-5 | 9/27/2013 | vs. The First Academy @ IMG Academy

W 35-7 | 10/04/2013 | at Monsignor Edward Pace High School @ Pace High School Football Stadium

W 49-3 | 10/11/2013 | vs. Lake Minneola High School @ IMG Academy

L 24-27 | 10/18/2013 | at Trinity Christian Academy @ Trinity Christian Academy

W 19-13 | 10/31/2013 | vs. Clearwater Central Catholic High School @ IMG Academy

L 14-21 | 11/08/2013 | at Naples High School @ Naples High School

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  86
  • Days Won:  0

SanJay-

I can't link the TBO article that does a much better job explaining than I could; however, his coaching tree is massive and includes the same Coach Weiner from Plant that most USF fans were stoked for when he signed on for a day. He also has ties to the NFL as a former assistant under Monte Kiffin when he was with the Bucs.   For clarification sakes, the topic is regarding Coach Weinke at IMG- when I referred to "pipe dream", I should of speficied that if USF was going to grab a high school coach to come in, then Dom Ciao would be the one I would hope they'd go after- but it's a pipe dream due to his age, and desire to stay at the HS level. But, if events could happen to where he could end up at USF, he would make a huge impact- not only in player morale but also education off the field, obviously- his on the field accmplishments speak for themselves. 

Charsibb-

Regarding IMG's schedule- a lot of the schools that scheduled IMG, put them on the schedule under the assumption that "Oh, they are a first year program- we'll play them for 2 years and then drop them when they get really good".  A great theory in practice; however, after the schedules were set, IMG announced they had signed Bo Scarborough from Alabama- as soon as that happened- all the talk began about how it wasn't a good idea to schedule them.       The only team that beat IMG Academy this year, fair and square at 100% was Jacksonville Trinity Christian Academy- but, JaxTC has about 11 BCS D-1 guys on their roster and is widely considered to be a top 25 team in American (all classes) next year since they return 9 of those 11 guys next year. 

I think it's a great question regarding Chris Weinke to the college level and hopefully USF- but, it's a question- I, for one, think will be more meaningful next year, when none of these schools (except CCC and JaxTC) would be willing to play them again and thus are forced to go out of state 8 weeks out of a 11 week season.

Interesting.

How does the scheduling process work for most high schools (TC, Jesuit, Tampa Tech, Berkeley, Hillsboro, Jefferson, etc)?

Do they join a conference for guaranteed games and then add a few OOC games like FBS schools?