• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Charlie Strong to Texas?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Petrino will never go back to Louisville. He burned too many bridges there, just like he does everywhere he goes. It says a lot about him that no place he's coached would ever consider rehiring him.

How many coaches can you name that were rehired by schools they left?

Bill Snyder and...?

Most coaches wouldn't want to go back to an old job. But you don't think Urban Meyer would be welcome back at Florida? Or Steve Spurrier? Of course they would, in a heart beat.

Petrino was quite a success at both Arkansas and Louisville, but I'm quite sure he is persona non grata at both campuses today despite that. The Atlanta Falcons ownership absolutely hates him. He's a scum bag who has never once left a job on good terms.

1) He left Louisville once and they happily hired him back a second time.

2) Why wouldn't they want him back as HC? He took a job in the NFL, same thing their star QB is doing this year. They may not like him personally, but he did nothing to them professionally.

Edited by JTrue

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

He wasn't the head coach at Louisville the first time - hardly the same thing.

Petrino in two consecutive offseasons played other job offers into bigger contracts from Louisville ... then left the third offseason. Not to mention, all three places - Louisville, Arkansas, the Falcons - the team was left in shambles by his departure. It's possible to leave in a positive way, Petrino has never shown any concern for doing so.

A quarterback leaving early is nothing at all like that. Get real.

Anyway, I was responding to a comment that suggested Louisville might rehire Petrino. I said they wouldn't. Unless your saying they will, I can't figure out your argument.

Edited by gobulls83

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

He wasn't the head coach at Louisville the first time - hardly the same thing.

Petrino in two consecutive offseasons played other job offers into bigger contracts from Louisville ... then left the third offseason. Not to mention, all three places - Louisville, Arkansas, the Falcons - the team was left in shambles by his departure. It's possible to leave in a positive way, Petrino has never shown any concern for doing so.

A quarterback leaving early is nothing at all like that. Get real.

Anyway, I was responding to a comment that suggested Louisville might rehire Petrino. I said they wouldn't. Unless your saying they will, I can't figure out your argument.

Never said they would, just don't think his actions in Atlanta and Arkansas are even remotely similar to his departure from Louisville.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

Petrino will never go back to Louisville. He burned too many bridges there, just like he does everywhere he goes. It says a lot about him that no place he's coached would ever consider rehiring him.

Bill Snyder and...?

Greg Schiano ..... eventually.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

Bill Snyder and...?

Most coaches wouldn't want to go back to an old job. But you don't think Urban Meyer would be welcome back at Florida? Or Steve Spurrier? Of course they would, in a heart beat.

Totally agree with Spurrier ... Not so much with the Urbanator. Don't think they were real happy with the bs he pulled on them.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Bill Snyder and...?

Totally agree with Spurrier ... Not so much with the Urbanator. Don't think they were real happy with the bs he pulled on them.

Agree 100%.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I don't know, my sister and her husband, as well as my dad and several of his friends, are Gators, and they all love Meyer still and many have even started following Ohio State a bit (still Gators No. 1 to them, though) since he became the coach there. From their perspective - and I didn't pay enough attention at the time to know how true this is - Meyer actually did a good thing by coming back for one more year when he had the health scare, because leaving so suddenly would have had a horrible effect on the team. Hardly a scientific survey, I'll grant you, but there it is.

In any case, even if it's not true about Meyer, if what Meyer did was burn bridges in Gainesville, then Petrino leaves scorched earth behind him wherever he goes.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

I don't know, my sister and her husband, as well as my dad and several of his friends, are Gators, and they all love Meyer still and many have even started following Ohio State a bit (still Gators No. 1 to them, though) since he became the coach there. From their perspective - and I didn't pay enough attention at the time to know how true this is - Meyer actually did a good thing by coming back for one more year when he had the health scare, because leaving so suddenly would have had a horrible effect on the team. Hardly a scientific survey, I'll grant you, but there it is.

In any case, even if it's not true about Meyer, if what Meyer did was burn bridges in Gainesville, then Petrino leaves scorched earth behind him wherever he goes.

I follow both USF and UF because I got degrees from both. My UF friends uniformly hate Meyer. I don't hate the guy, so I'm probably more like your family, but I do know a lot of people who do.

On the other hand I don't know a single person at UF who wouldn't welcome Spurrier back with open arms.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Petrino DID leave scorched earth behind him at almost every stop.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Bill Snyder and...?

hahaha

more than half the guys on this board think leavitt is the greatest coach  and would welcome him back

of course most gator fans would wlecome meyer back