• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Charlie Strong to Texas?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

Petrino will never go back to Louisville. He burned too many bridges there, just like he does everywhere he goes. It says a lot about him that no place he's coached would ever consider rehiring him.

How many coaches can you name that were rehired by schools they left?

Bill Snyder and...?

Most coaches wouldn't want to go back to an old job. But you don't think Urban Meyer would be welcome back at Florida? Or Steve Spurrier? Of course they would, in a heart beat.

Totally agree with Spurrier ... Not so much with the Urbanator. Don't think they were real happy with the bs he pulled on them.

hahaha

more than half the guys on this board think leavitt is the greatest coach  and would welcome him back

of course most gator fans would wlecome meyer back

This about clinches it ... No way UF takes him back.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I guess I have to agree with you, Trip.

Actually, out of curiosity, I polled those family members I mentioned about Meyer, and I was mostly wrong. There's still some appreciation for him, but it was about 50/50 when asking people if they would be happy to have Meyer back as coach. I'm sure it would be even lower if the team weren't so terrible under their current coach.

It's still true that Petrino is a loser (who wins, but still a loser of a person), I guess maybe Meyer just belongs in the same category, or just one tier below.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Not saying Petrino is going to be coach. Not saying I think he should be coach. But in the discussion on this thread, people mentioned whether your average Florida fan would welcome back either Meyer or Spurrier, but there was no way a Louisville fan would want Petrino back.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/409466-louisville-students-want-bobby-back

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Petrino will never go back to Louisville. He burned too many bridges there, just like he does everywhere he goes. It says a lot about him that no place he's coached would ever consider rehiring him.

How many coaches can you name that were rehired by schools they left?

Bill Snyder and...?

Most coaches wouldn't want to go back to an old job. But you don't think Urban Meyer would be welcome back at Florida? Or Steve Spurrier? Of course they would, in a heart beat.

Totally agree with Spurrier ... Not so much with the Urbanator. Don't think they were real happy with the bs he pulled on them.

hahaha

more than half the guys on this board think leavitt is the greatest coach  and would welcome him back

of course most gator fans would wlecome meyer back

This about clinches it ... No way UF takes him back.

UF didn't take Spurrier back.

Did Spurrier want to go back? Doubtful.

I'm sorry I started this debate.

Not saying Petrino is going to be coach. Not saying I think he should be coach. But in the discussion on this thread, people mentioned whether your average Florida fan would welcome back either Meyer or Spurrier, but there was no way a Louisville fan would want Petrino back.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/409466-louisville-students-want-bobby-back

Well, I didn't say Louisville fans wouldn't want him back, though I am surprised to see that. I still doubt the administration would welcome him back, no matter what their AD says publicly. I'm prepared to admit I'm wrong if they do though. :)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20140108/bobby-petrino-louisville-cardinals-football/

Yeah, I'm shocked by it. But they haven't hired him yet. We'll see.

And if they do, I think it will be a poor decision. For one thing, he's a ****. But more to the point, I just don't think coaches returning to the site of their former glory works out all that often. Bill Snyder is the only recent example in college football that I can think of, but that was a disappointment. What's the saying? "You can't go home again."

If they hire him again, it will do more to change my opinion of Louisville athletics than it will to change my opinion of Petrino.

Edited by gobulls83

Yeah, I'm shocked by it. But they haven't hired him yet. We'll see.

And if they do, I think it will be a poor decision. For one thing, he's a ****. But more to the point, I just don't think coaches returning to the site of their former glory works out all that often. Bill Snyder is the only recent example in college football that I can think of, but that was a disappointment. What's the saying? "You can't go home again."

If they hire him again, it will do more to change my opinion of Louisville athletics than it will to change my opinion of Petrino.

I think Jurich is probably thinking hiring Petrino is a known commodity (definitely a ****, but his football pedigree is pretty straightforward) and allows him a few years of success in the ACC to hunt down and identify the guy who will be his inevitable replacement.