• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF's January 1 and UCF's January 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

You guys must be forgetting that O'Leary went 0-12 and nearly every UCF fan I knew wanted him fired and thought their AD was an idiot for the 10 year extension.  Now, to those same people he's a great coach and they have a great AD.  On the flip side, you some already want CWT fired, Woolard fired, Judy fired, CSH fired.  You guys are hilarious.

President Hitt pushed for the extension after they won a conference title (Google it) i.e. O'Liars stock was rising based upon the performance of his team at the time and he was near the end of his contract.  See, that's unlike Skip Holtz who was just into a five year deal, coming off a crappy no-bowl season, and his stock was not rising except in the mind of our lilliputian AD.  O'Liar has since won two more conf. titles and two bowl games against SEC and Big 12 competition, which includes a BCS bowl.  Plus, O'Liar's lasted through at least three or four AD's in his time there.  President Hitt is the guy that's forcing excellence across all facets of UCF's public presence and that notably includes athletics where he does a lot more than just attend games.  If Woolard had been at UCF, I think that he would have been fired by Hitt.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

You guys must be forgetting that O'Leary went 0-12 and nearly every UCF fan I knew wanted him fired and thought their AD was an idiot for the 10 year extension.  Now, to those same people he's a great coach and they have a great AD.  On the flip side, you some already want CWT fired, Woolard fired, Judy fired, CSH fired.  You guys are hilarious.

You also forgot about their up and down years.

There has been a growing voice to can O'Liar due to his unevenness for years. 

And despite the growing voice, they stuck with him and they have what we can never get, now. Trying for instant gratification rarely results in anything close to it. 

"Patience is a virgin." :D

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

Had they wanted to get rid of O'Leary - and not had the sense they did - they could have fired him after the Plancher death.

People of less character could have concocted an investigation and been done with O'Leary.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720
  • Days Won:  3

Funny how Leavitt got fired for slapping a kid, while O'Leary didn't after he worked a kid to death.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,430
  • Days Won:  19

Yes, we are in a terrible position. And it is in our face! We need to be angry and demand change!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gSQg1i_q2g

LOL ... That is freaking perfect.

I have yet to see anyone on here offer a realistic solution. Almost everyone is just 'rambling'. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Yes, we are in a terrible position. And it is in our face! We need to be angry and demand change!

I have yet to see anyone on here offer a realistic solution. Almost everyone is just 'rambling'. 

Bingo.   Actually not even "almost," anyone who has something to say about what we need to do moving forward is rambling. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  50
  • Days Won:  0

indeed.  If i lived in Tampa still, I would be at as many bball and baseball games as I could attend this spring with a #FireWoolard sign.  I challenge those on this forum who are in the area to do such a thing as often as possible.  If you still have undergrad connections with the school, get the students to join in.  I think our displeasure with the status quo has not been vocal, and the bad decisions of the AD and department in general have subsequently gone unpunished.  We were vocal enough about the Holtz regime and who knows us fans and donors could have helped effectuate that change.  Maybe more public outcry may prompt action by Judy herself.

• Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Bingo.   Actually not even "almost," anyone who has something to say about what we need to do moving forward is rambling. 

1. Get rid of Woolard immediately. We pay him to get results (he'll be the highest-paid AD in the American when Louisville leaves) and there are no results. He is collecting paychecks, laying low, trying to avoid attention, and hoping to slip out the door quietly in 18 months. And he's been doing that for awhile now.

2. Find someone who still sees the same opportunity in USF athletics that we all saw 10 years ago. They need a lot of energy, good communications skills, media relations skills, and a real, tangible plan to rebuild our department. No empty platitudes like "Why not USF." They need to tell us what needs to be done and how we're going to do it. They have to be ready to sell USF athletics hard to the alums, the casual fans, and the business community, because no one's done that for a long time. 

This is not a cushy job for some retread AD to come in and coast towards retirement. We already have someone doing that.

3. We have to stop feeling sorry for ourselves and acting like we're powerless. This "oh, what could we do, woe is us" attitude has got to stop. No one's coming to save USF and no one's giving us anything. It's on us to solve our own problems. The right leader will set goals we can help achieve, and a vision we can rally around. We don't have either of those right now.

If you don't think this is "realistic," then you probably don't think there are any problems to begin with. And if you honestly still believe that, then I'm sorry, but you're as delusional as the UCiF fans we all used to make fun of.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

Trust me they will be down again.   

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  30
  • Days Won:  0

Funny how Leavitt got fired for slapping a kid, while O'Leary didn't after he worked a kid to death.

If they fire him for the Plancher death than they admit guilt and that would have cost the university big. As it was, there was plenty of blame to go around, I still struggle with the idea that the family did not know about his condition considering it is hereditary and the family knew it was in the family. But hey, who am I to believe in personal responsibility, that is so out now a days.