• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF's January 1 and UCF's January 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  19

Funny how Leavitt got fired for slapping a kid, while O'Leary didn't after he worked a kid to death.

If they fire him for the Plancher death than they admit guilt and that would have cost the university big. As it was, there was plenty of blame to go around, I still struggle with the idea that the family did not know about his condition considering it is hereditary and the family knew it was in the family. But hey, who am I to believe in personal responsibility, that is so out now a days.

I know what you are saying, but they were guilty, and only had to pay $200,000 because the law capped the damages at 200k max. So, even if they fired him, admitted guilt, then they still have the damages capped by law at 200k.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

The sooner I see Central-related threads on this board disappear the better. I don't give two flaming sh**s about Central. They won a BCS game. Good for them. We presently suck and didn't win a BCS game this season. Bad for us.

Can we please focus on OUR school and move on? Constantly comparing ourselves to Central is precisely what the trolls want and in any event pointless.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  135
  • Days Won:  0

The sooner I see Central-related threads on this board disappear the better. I don't give two flaming sh**s about Central. They won a BCS game. Good for them. We presently suck and didn't win a BCS game this season. Bad for us.

Can we please focus on OUR school and move on? Constantly comparing ourselves to Central is precisely what the trolls want and in any event pointless.

Bingo.

Sure a little good natured bashing of the "enemy" is fun when you actually might be competition otherwise it just seems sad. They succeeded and we didn't even have a chance of succeeding.

My opinion is the managment of this program has been an amatuer effort at best riding on the coattails of other people's effort.

The department's managment had been lucky up until the dismissal of Leavitt (and the passing of LRS?). I believe they really didn't have to do too much except give Leavitt what he needed and stay out of what they didn't understand. The few times they did act on their own have been utter embarrassments like the "Billboard" and Holtz extension. (are we still paying that guy?)

One could argue that our meteoric advancement and the expansion of facilities was in management's credit. I am begining to think that all of that was more other's belief in the sheer potential of our program and not any great effort from managment. A potential, by the way, that has been squandered by incompetance.

So at this point I am too worried that this incompetence is going to undermine the program and sink us further that I really don't have the energy to worry about anyone else. My focus is on trying to support football and do my part to help the program succeed. Even if that means making the University aware of my lack of confidence in the atheletic department's mangement.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

It is comical that for some time now we have been in a tragic descent, constantly trying to reassure ourselves we've finally hit rock bottom...only to feel plunged even further down.

I agree...Iwatch for the comedy. Itis like the Major League movies or Bad News BEars in real life and in multiple sports.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Bingo.

Sure a little good natured bashing of the "enemy" is fun when you actually might be competition otherwise it just seems sad. They succeeded and we didn't even have a chance of succeeding.

My opinion is the managment of this program has been an amatuer effort at best riding on the coattails of other people's effort.

The department's managment had been lucky up until the dismissal of Leavitt (and the passing of LRS?). I believe they really didn't have to do too much except give Leavitt what he needed and stay out of what they didn't understand. The few times they did act on their own have been utter embarrassments like the "Billboard" and Holtz extension. (are we still paying that guy?)

One could argue that our meteoric advancement and the expansion of facilities was in management's credit. I am begining to think that all of that was more other's belief in the sheer potential of our program and not any great effort from managment. A potential, by the way, that has been squandered by incompetance.

So at this point I am too worried that this incompetence is going to undermine the program and sink us further that I really don't have the energy to worry about anyone else. My focus is on trying to support football and do my part to help the program succeed. Even if that means making the University aware of my lack of confidence in the atheletic department's mangement.

Go Bulls!

Bingo for you too sir.