• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Flat out...both our football and basketball lack

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

In watching the game yesterday, I notice that Rudd was doing all he could to try to lead his other teammates yesterday. You could see and hear Rudd yeah at LeDay for being out of place. A loud " What are you doing?" could be heard from Rudd directed at LeDay. To me it looks like LeDay has lost all that confidence that he had last season, and that is one of the examples on why I think this team will struggle. These players are good players, they have to believe in themselves more and get that confidence back. If they dont, it will be a long season. I did like how Egbunu played. He should be great!!! 

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

I think veteran guards/ball handlers make a big difference in CBB... not to say there aren't some stud underclassmen. I would kill for a Hugh Robertson or Chris Howard on this team.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

I think veteran guards/ball handlers make a big difference in CBB... not to say there aren't some stud underclassmen. I would kill for a Hugh Robertson or Chris Howard on this team.

I miss the defense that Hugh Robertson gave USF. I dont think we have those defensive players this season. Not yet, so I am hoping someone steps up on defense and creates more havoc against teams.  Need AC back at 100%  A healthy is what we have been missing for the past few seasons. Just have been unlucky with that. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

In watching the game yesterday, I notice that Rudd was doing all he could to try to lead his other teammates yesterday. You could see and hear Rudd yeah at LeDay for being out of place. A loud " What are you doing?" could be heard from Rudd directed at LeDay. To me it looks like LeDay has lost all that confidence that he had last season, and that is one of the examples on why I think this team will struggle. These players are good players, they have to believe in themselves more and get that confidence back. If they dont, it will be a long season. I did like how Egbunu played. He should be great!!! 

From JJ's article this morning:

But Egbunu’s effort, described as “inspiring’’ by Heath, was USF’s clear highlight.

“I just wanted to keep playing hard, no matter what the score was,’’ Egbunu said.

“I got kind of down when we got down by a lot (of points), but John picked me back up,’’ Rudd said.

http://tbo.com/sports/colleges/usf-bulls/tigers-blow-out-bulls-in-aac-opener-20131231/

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

LSU won their bowl game with a true freshman. It goes to what VT players and Beamer said before their bowl game when they were talking about treating walk ons like scholarship players, attitude. Go getters. Players that are hungry. And that goes for everyone, not just seniors.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Character, attitude and the desire to win is lacking in both MBB and football.

Here's hoping things change in 2014.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Our sports teams and athletic dept need an identity. If football improves, it could be a physical, disrespected, chip on their shoulder identity. Basketball could be the same way. Each sports team could have differing identities that tie together with the overall vision of the AD, but USF has lacked that and even during better years hasn't seemed to be there, at least not consistently. That culture flows over into the fanbase too after a while.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

From JJ's article this morning:

But Egbunu’s effort, described as “inspiring’’ by Heath, was USF’s clear highlight.

“I just wanted to keep playing hard, no matter what the score was,’’ Egbunu said.

“I got kind of down when we got down by a lot (of points), but John picked me back up,’’ Rudd said.

http://tbo.com/sports/colleges/usf-bulls/tigers-blow-out-bulls-in-aac-opener-20131231/

I wondered what happened. It was crystal clear Rudd had given up and checked out. A few minutes later he was back in the game. I wondered what changed him. Glad to see Egbunu stepping up as a leader as well as a player.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Rudd just kept taking it to the hole. I liked that.