• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,089
  • Days Won:  469

Double what?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Double what?

Contract incentive. Usually get so much for a bid, so much for a bowl win, etc.. And if the win results in being ranked post season, another amount of incentive money. The contracts are loaded with those type of incentives.

I'm not taking  generic thought and calling it fact.  I'm referencing his comments dating back to the early bowl history of USF.  He didn't look at it as his chance to pick up another $50 grand (you'd have to look up his contract back then to if/what incentive there might have been.

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Leavitt never took bowl games seriously, he saw them for what they were.  Frustrated the fans.

I think that was pretty much true for every game played after Halloween!

:noseMax:

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Leavitt never took bowl games seriously, he saw them for what they were.  Frustrated the fans.

I think that was pretty much true for every game played after Halloween!

While I realize that was an attempt at humor, CJL did win more games than he lost after Halloween ...

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

We own every futility record and Oregon owns every record for team offense. . . . . Our time there will live on forever.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

As some have pointed out already we were there.  We very much enjoyed the trip other than the flights trying to get there.  There were delays and possible cancellations that stressed us out. It all worked out though.  Believe that was the trip I met Bully Pulpit and ____Eats It along with the others who have already stepped up on this thread.  The city really did seem to appreciate the people coming in for the game.  We didn't do Juarez but drove over to Las Cruces, NM instead.  Had good meals while there and stayed at the Oregon hotel unknowingly.  Met some of their coaches and parents of kids.  Just a really nice trip.  Learned something the night before the game when one of the parents wished us luck.  Asked him about that since I had never had an opponent wish me luck (and I certainly never had).  He said it was just a game and that he always did it.  I now do the same when I see opposing fans. That guy made me a better fan/person.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

I remember the SUNBOWL. I was not able to attend because of my work schedule. I bought a few tickets through USF to help with their allotment, Missed watching the 1st half due to work. Got home from work and watched second half. Oregon kept scoring and I was too upset. It ruined NYE for me as I just stayed home that night cause I was too depressed to celebrate anything after that. That 2007 season took a lot out of me. It was such a great high to rise to #2. To defend USF on a national level only to see USF collapse against Rutgers and then the following week at UCONN. Was so down about it all. Not sure if I can ever go through that again, and I am not sure that I will ever have to worry about that as USF may never get to that level again in my lifetime. 

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

Funny, I never took The Jim seriously after the Sun Bowl.  Bellotti took the extra bowl game practices to install a new offense with a 3rd string QB .  Oregon set all kinds of Sun Bowl records while our defense ran around looking lost and confused most of the game.  Well played Jim.