• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF at Bradley and Official TBP In Game thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

AC is the straw that stirs the drink.

Hard to say, we seem to look the same with or without Collins.

Except we win with him, lose without him.  I'd say that is compelling evidence.

Collins didn't play tonight and USF won how they usually do which is struggle to do so against a very, very bad team.

That is your entire argument?

His entire argument is Heath/AC suck ...

Good point.  

Here I was hoping for some sort of breakdown of games with/without AC, maybe RPI of the opponents in those games.  And all I get is - USF beat Bradley without him.  The same Bradley team he earlier said was horrible.  

I'm am very disappointed in Vega's lack of preparedness.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

We will never be any good until we actually have shooters. They can't hit the ocean.

This is Heath's most talented team

Which is sad

Not really .... Most talented doesn't mean it's his best, just the most with raw talent. Raw talent is great but it usually takes experience to fully utilize it. CSHs best team was the NCAA one. This one could top that one next year if everyone stays and stays healthy.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

With all the ******** and complaining that some around here do, did anyone truly expect better than a .500 team this year?  We lost couple that we probably shouldn't have, but if you really expected this year's team, relying on 2 true freshman and an erratic, at best, Victor Rudd, then either you were delusional or absolutely clueless about college basketball and college sports in general.  

1.  AC has never shown himself to be a scorer.

2.  Rudd has never shown himself to be anything but erratic.

3.  You have 2 true freshman down low.  You are getting exactly what you would expect from true freshman.  A good game followed by some not so good stuff.  I learned a long time ago never to trust a freshman with anything.

4.  Corey Allen gave us a few thrills early, but is still a newcomer and we really don't know what he will give us over the course of a full year.

5.  Another newcomer in Shemiye.  

I don't want to hear about any stupid arguments that Calipari can do it with a lot of freshman at Kentucky.  That is a unique situation with one of the top three programs in history.  

The only thing I am really surprised at so far is the lack of big contributions from Leday and Hawkins.  Those are the guys, in addition to Collins, that I would have hoped to build the foundation around with Egbunu and Perry getting the chance to learn and do what they are doing now.

I am still hoping to get to .500 this year and be an NCAA team next year, but if we don't find one of the young guys that can shoot we will still have problems.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

We will never be any good until we actually have shooters. They can't hit the ocean.

Which is sad
Not really .... Most talented doesn't mean it's his best, just the most with raw talent. Raw talent is great but it usually takes experience to fully utilize it. CSHs best team was the NCAA one. This one could top that one next year if everyone stays and stays healthy.

Oh I agree about experience and I do feel next year will be much better but at my age I am more concerned about the here and now. Further, the team will still struggle next year without an outside shooter (although help could be on the way there).

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Which is sad

Oh I agree about experience and I do feel next year will be much better but at my age I am more concerned about the here and now. Further, the team will still struggle next year without an outside shooter (although help could be on the way there).

Problem this season is no one has emerged at the SG spot and next season we have to hope that Holston can step in and be the SG from day 1, but now comes a problem of who will take Rudd's place. Yeah he is sometimes inconsistent, but there isn't a player on the roster or coming that is looked at as his replacement yet. What he does might be hard to immediately replace. Also as of right now we are surprisingly weak at the PG spot to. If certain guys don't turn it on, next season could be much of the same of worse.

Of course we are about to get a fresh start with AAC play set to begin so maybe, just maybe this team can start living up to expectations.

Edited by Vega

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  298
  • Days Won:  1

Those shooting #s are atrocious, it has to get better, right?  Memphis is a middle tier AAC team, we play them at home...this game should be winnable...right?

Hopefully its a case of playing down to our competition. We shall see

lol, you go right on thinking that...

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  2

Whew. Winner 61-57. Tide turned when both bigmen were on the floor at the same time. BU didn't have an answer defensively. A USF fan behind the basket yelled on a free throw which I do believe altered a BU foul shot. Kept game tied instead of behind and made a difference. Good job whoever you are!

Drive home safely, and thanks for repping the Bulls on the road!!!

Thanks, it's always my pleasure.

Made it home safely a short time ago, and the weather cooperated nicely for the trip.

Oh, and for the record, I wasn't the one who screamed out during the critical free throw miss by Bradley.  Can't take the credit.  There was a small group of vocal USF supporters behind the other backboard, and I really do think that it made a difference on that shot.  The free-throw shooter was taking an unusually long time getting into his shooting motion at the stripe. . . but only silence from our fans who were making at least some steady noise at all the previous free throws.  Then, just when I figure, "OK, I guess they aren't going to yell this time," one of them lets out a single shriek that shatters the tomblike silence as the ball is just about to be released, and the foul shot is missed. . . badly.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Thanks for sharing that story, Doc!

That's awesome!

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Those shooting #s are atrocious, it has to get better, right?  Memphis is a middle tier AAC team, we play them at home...this game should be winnable...right?

Hopefully its a case of playing down to our competition. We shall see

lol, you go right on thinking that...

Yup. That's silly.  Memphis is a ranked team, and beat Ok State...the team that destroyed us (yes, they lost to them earlier in the year, but not as badly as we did).

Memphis is a Top 3 AAC team.  They will be 8-10 pt favorites, and will likely kill us if we keep playing like we are.