• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Helmets, Uniforms, OCS, Marketing sucks, and In-door practice bubble

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

So, is it true Sea World has agreed to fund an OCS for us if we agree to rename the team the USF Orcas and have a dolphin touch tank in the end zone?

I believe it is either that or Busch Gardens will want to sponsor the OCS and have a roller coaster set up on USF campus.
I wonder if the BULLS could see the dolphin tank more than 11 times

It's more for the other teams than us. Ha!

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

White isn't one of our colors. Get rid of that helmet.

White is on the official athletic logo.

I know it is. However, some of our fellow board members think you can't have white as a primary color in your uniform.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

So, is it true Sea World has agreed to fund an OCS for us if we agree to rename the team the USF Orcas and have a dolphin touch tank in the end zone?

I believe it is either that or Busch Gardens will want to sponsor the OCS and have a roller coaster set up on USF campus.
I wonder if the BULLS could see the dolphin tank more than 11 times

It's more for the other teams than us. Ha!

True, but imagine the half time shows! We'll sell out just on the novelty of having our cheerleaders do tricks with dolphins!

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Ace Ventura: [with a German accent] How can I be getting zis vork done wit all de shouting? Control de shouting?

Reporter: Who's That?

Ace Ventura: Heinz Getwellvet. I am trainer of dolphins. You want to talk to de dolphin, you talk to me.

Reporter: What happened to the *regular* trainer?

Ace Ventura: Vat happened to him? Vat happened to me? Seven years I am wit Siegfried.

[he holds up only four fingers]

Ace Ventura: Ve are making de dolphins disappear, und den Roy is coming wit de vite tiger und ze shtuffing in de pants und den I'm gone.

Reporter: [skeptically] Where is Snowflake?

Ace Ventura: Why do you care about Snowflake? Do you know him? Does he call you at home?

[shouts]

Ace Ventura: Do you have a dorsal fin? To train ze dolphin you must zink like ze dolphin! You must be getting inside ze dolphin's head. I am saying to Snowflake, "Akay!... Akay Akay Akay?" und he is saying "AKay Akay!" und he is up on ze tail "Eeeeeeeeee!" und you can quote him!

[Ace spits]

Roger Podacter: Alright, it's almost time for Coach Shula's press confrence, uh, lets let Heinz do his work?

Ace Ventura: [shooing reporters] Go to de conference, go to it.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

How long do we stick with Under Armor? I know it hasn't been around as long but wonder what the chances of a school switching back to Nike or Adidas are? Holtz unveiled newer uniforms in year 2, I wonder if Taggart has the time this offseason to inject a little bit of his vision into the uniforms. I know he did some neat getups at WKU, or well, approved of them. I'd almost like to see a design closer to the 2007 era, or at least something with the more traditionally sized letters and names, ours are so tiny font.

Throwing my vote in that I like the gold and the green helmets. I am okay with some white jerseys, as those are almost required as part of the uniform rules for road teams, but no white pants, and no white helmets. I'd like:

Home kit - Green or gold helmet (use it to contrast with helmet of opposing team), green jerseys, green pants. Gold jerseys as alternate home uniform (but only to be worn with green helmets)

Away kit - Green or gold helmet (for same reasons), white jerseys, green pants. I'd probably prefer gold helmets on the road to give the gold/white/green look so we have at least two main items with our main school colors in them. Maybe only use the green lids on the road if the other team has gold helmets as well (i.e. ND, UCF, GA Tech).

I'd love to see some Baylor style blackouts with green and gold trim, but I just can't see it happening.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

You don't want white, but you want black?

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,430
  • Days Won:  19

Honestly, the colors having nothing to do with our success. I just believe that we need a more attractive environment to attract players and fans alike.