• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lost to Detroit @ Home?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

"Sometimes, they come to the game and they say, 'Oh, who's Detroit? I don't know much about them.' And they don't have that same game readiness."

Is there really no top-down scouting profile given in practice days before? I prep my club team for what the opponent will do. I sure hope the USF coaches aren't expecting the players to do the homework.

I don't like that quote either Bulliever

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

"Sometimes, they come to the game and they say, 'Oh, who's Detroit? I don't know much about them.' And they don't have that same game readiness."

Is there really no top-down scouting profile given in practice days before? I prep my club team for what the opponent will do. I sure hope the USF coaches aren't expecting the players to do the homework.

While it is annoying, I think that was probably taken a bit out of context. Stan wouldn't have made it this long in D-1 as a head coach without a decent plan in place.

• Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

One thing we/I know he has never had a plan for our offense, even our tourney year.

At least cheat, do the homework and find an offensive minded assistant and let him take the reigns.

Even Stan knows, I'm sure more than us, on how lost he is running an offense

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

One thing we/I know he has never had a plan for our offense, even our tourney year.

At least cheat, do the homework and find an offensive minded assistant and let him take the reigns.

Even Stan knows, I'm sure more than us, on how lost he is running an offense

I thought one of the two newer assistants was going to install a different offensive scheme than we've seen in the past. So far, it's looking very similar than in past seasons. Is it a matter of Heath not wanting to let go the reigns on an ineffective system, or is it a matter of the assistants, except for Roccaforte, not being worth the similar hill of beans as Skeeters and Hanson?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

While it is annoying, I think that was probably taken a bit out of context. Stan wouldn't have made it this long in D-1 as a head coach without a decent plan in place.

Yeah, I don't think it came out the way he meant it to .... I think all he was trying to say, like with the Stetson game, kids are not going to look at all opponents the same way, no matter what you say to them .... think McNeese State.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

Stunning that we wouldn't take every opponent seriously. For what reason would a USF team overlook any team?

Stunning that we wouldn't take every opponent seriously. For what reason would a USF team overlook any team?

18-22 year old egos ... They don't need a reason. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

Sure, but that's why we have million dollar "coaches".

Roy Williams is a gazillion dollar coach and even he can't get his team playing at the level they should all the time ...

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

Roy Williams is a gazillion dollar coach and even he can't get his team playing at the level they should all the time ...

No doubt! How can you lose to Belmont AND UAB, then win against #3 Louisville and #1 Meatchicken State. Talk about Jekyll and Hyde...