• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

The best financial rationale for an ocs is to reduce the supply substantially and stabilize the value of the season tickets. The stadium is a break even at best proposition otherwise financially.

All the other reasons are non financial. Not saying they are not valid or important but everyone puts a different value on those.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  1

That's your rationale for staying at RJS? A 3rd party parking authority? Really? Can be fixed in 30 seconds

No, no, no and no

I'm not rationalizing staying at RJS. I'm saying that if USF decides to build a stadium on campus, they need to do a much better job accommodating the MASSIVE amount of traffic they will be getting for the games, than they are currently doing for their students trying to park to get to class. 

Parking at USF was horrible in 1996 when I started going there, and it's even worse now. 

Those same people who are responsible for the parking logistics for the campus right now, will certainly be involved in the logistics and planning for the campus stadium. And if parking services is involved, which gets 90% of their revenue from writing tickets and booting cars, you KNOW they are going to purposely design the parking to be a disaster. Because that's when people get desperate, that's when people try to sneak into lots where they aren't permitted, and that's when they can write hundreds and hundreds of tickets, boot and tow dozens of cars to fund their department.

I don't want to park at the University Mall, and have to walk 3 miles to go to a USF Football game with my family. There is no room on the current USF Tampa Campus, to build a 45,000 person stadium and a parking lot to accommodate 25,000 cars. 

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=usf+tampa&ll=28.061623,-82.411473&spn=0.016966,0.033023&hq=usf+tampa&t=h&z=16

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,483
  • Days Won:  43

So I have not read all of the links you posted, but I would be completely SHOCKED if our Athletic Department was making $$ off of our athletics. Up until like 6 years ago there were less than 10 colleges in the nation that were actually making $$ off of their athletics. Duke, Texas, etc. Big time programs. 

I would love to have an on campus stadium, however I would want it done RIGHT. The stadium UCF has is miserable. A metal bleacher bowl that feels like it is going to collapse and only 45,000 seats? The school has 60,000 students by itself. 

Not to mention, we don't have near the land that most other schools have. 

If we can find a way to build a nice on campus stadium, and have a capacity in the range of 55,000-60,000 I would be all for it. But until that becomes on a reality, Ray Jay is just fine with me.

USF has 1500 acres, FSU 400

How much of that 1500 acres is not currently being used and of that not currently being used is it big enough to build a 40,000+ capacity football stadium with parking? Doubtful. 

There already is plenty of parking on campus. They have build a lot of parking garages all over campus. Parking should not be a problem on a weekend when students are not in class.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

I'm in for operation t Boone Pickens if they announce something

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

So I have not read all of the links you posted, but I would be completely SHOCKED if our Athletic Department was making $$ off of our athletics. Up until like 6 years ago there were less than 10 colleges in the nation that were actually making $$ off of their athletics. Duke, Texas, etc. Big time programs. 

I would love to have an on campus stadium, however I would want it done RIGHT. The stadium UCF has is miserable. A metal bleacher bowl that feels like it is going to collapse and only 45,000 seats? The school has 60,000 students by itself. 

If we can find a way to build a nice on campus stadium, and have a capacity in the range of 55,000-60,000 I would be all for it. But until that becomes on a reality, Ray Jay is just fine with me.

How much of that 1500 acres is not currently being used and of that not currently being used is it big enough to build a 40,000+ capacity football stadium with parking? Doubtful.

That entire POS crack smoker mall

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Agree... That would be a perfect place for me. I don't see them knocking that mall down anytime soon.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  1

LOLOLOL that comment about the "University Mall" just made me laugh out loud

As a shopping tip, don't go into the Fredrick's looking for lingerie for your wife/girlfriend there, unless she REALLY likes leopard print

Agree... That would be a perfect place for me. I don't see them knocking that mall down anytime soon.

I believe someone posted some pictures of where the OCS will be or is planned to be if they build it. It is closer to the athletic center on the eastern side of campus. This will help them sell to recruits when they turn the lights on to the practive fields, baseball, softball and others when they are on national tv. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  50
  • Days Won:  0

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe there are two locations the University had already set aside for expansion of such facilities.  The 1st and optimum spot is where the current varsity tennis courts, jogging trail, and recreational fields are located (bordered by Holly and Sycamore).  The 2nd and alternative spot are the wooded "Meadows" are just east of Greek Village (bordered by Fletcher, Holly, and 50th).  There are other spots as well, but I think the University has other plans for them (Research Park, and The Claw).

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe there are two locations the University had already set aside for expansion of such facilities.  The 1st and optimum spot is where the current varsity tennis courts, jogging trail, and recreational fields are located (bordered by Holly and Sycamore).  The 2nd and alternative spot are the wooded "Meadows" are just east of Greek Village (bordered by Fletcher, Holly, and 50th).  There are other spots as well, but I think the University has other plans for them (Research Park, and The Claw).

I believe you are correct!!! The issue now is how big that the OCS will be. I believe looking at the previous two seasons attendence figutes, a 40K to 45K seat OCS would be best. They can use upperdeck levels so to save more space by keep all fans closer to the field.  Something like Houston is building would fit nice for USF.