• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is Taggart a bust?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Usf fans are known for defending the Undefendable.

Same guys making cases for Willie made cases for Robert McCullum. I can't take them seriously

Willie is a bust right now and will be in years to come. Write it down, I know I'm right.

Best case Woolard is canned this year and new ad has half a brain and fires Willie immediately. Then we can talk about rebuilding

why do u think this?

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

I say wait until he wins a championship first than put it outside the stadium(statue not just the Bust).    :GoBulls:

Seriously though lets give the man a chance,  One season is too early to tell. Lets see how they respond next game and Next year. Than we will have more info to determine if things are heading in the right direction or not.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

The same people saying Taggart is a bust are the same people that were ready to annoint Skip as our savior after we beat Clemson. Because we are USF fans and our program is so young, I feel people have no perspective as to what it takes to build/rebuild a program in major college football (building it from scratch and getting them in that position is completely different btw so don't bring Jim up).

Taggart isn't a bust. It is way too early. l see all the basic elements of a winning football team here, we just need to give him time to find his players.

He isn't a bust yet, but the trajectory points toward that. We are a MUCH worse football team under him than under Skip Holtz in nearly every aspect of play. We said the same thing for 3 years -- needs time to get his players in the system. If we don't make it to a bowl next year or come awfully close then Willie should absolutely be fired as should our AD.

Skip was 0-5 when QBs other than BJ Daniels started.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

The same people saying Taggart is a bust are the same people that were ready to annoint Skip as our savior after we beat Clemson. Because we are USF fans and our program is so young, I feel people have no perspective as to what it takes to build/rebuild a program in major college football (building it from scratch and getting them in that position is completely different btw so don't bring Jim up).

Taggart isn't a bust. It is way too early. l see all the basic elements of a winning football team here, we just need to give him time to find his players.

He isn't a bust yet, but the trajectory points toward that. We are a MUCH worse football team under him than under Skip Holtz in nearly every aspect of play. We said the same thing for 3 years -- needs time to get his players in the system. If we don't make it to a bowl next year or come awfully close then Willie should absolutely be fired as should our AD.

Skip was 0-5 when QBs other than BJ Daniels started. Defense and special teams are better this year than last.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  150
  • Days Won:  0

He isn't a bust yet, but the trajectory points toward that.  We are a MUCH worse football team under him than under Skip Holtz in nearly every aspect of play.  We said the same thing for 3 years -- needs time to get his players in the system.  If we don't make it to a bowl next year or come awfully close then Willie should absolutely be fired as should our AD.

Are you really that ignorant or do you just try to stir things up? 

USF Defense is lightyears ahead of anything skip put on the field with less experience.

USF Special Teams has a kicker and coach up for national awards

Shaw before he got hurt was on track to rush fr 1k yards.

Davis broke the single season record for wr yards in the UCF for a season.

We are a better football team now skip is gone but we are left with skips recruits and lack there of.  Look at what skip has done to La tech a 9/10 win team last year that averaged over 40+ points per game and went to a bowl game.  Now La tech will be lucky to make a bowl game and are averaging less then 20 points a game.

Willie has a plan and is implementing it.  Look at WKU, Stanford, and 49ers.  The method works and it works at all levels.  It takes time to get rid of teh crap that was left to him and recruit guys to play in his system.  Look how the freshmen are playing and you can already see the difference.  2 ints last night were by freshmen, 3 of the top 4 tacklers last night were freshmen, the qb freshmen, on and on.

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Last year we went 3 - 9 with the 46th toughest schedule.  This year the best we can do is 3 - 9 against the 62nd toughest schedule.  That is the same (or likely worse) record against a much easier schedule.  I understand the desire to think things are improving - but the results on the field don't indicate that.  I am not a defender of SKip -- he needed to be fired and our incompotent AD should be fired and sued for giving him an extension 10 months prior.  But looking at his performance over 3 years, each and every year was better than Willie this year.

Maybe Willie needs his own recruits, maybe he needs players that will buy into his system.  But I personally thought the bar was pretty low in comparing him to Skip Holtz last season and he failed to achieve that!  If you don't think Willie is a bust thus far then what would have made you feel that way?  If we lost all our games?  If our offensive line forgot to put paints on before coming out of the locker room?  I am serious - it is OK to say you don't think Willie should be held to account for anything this season, but I for one expected to see improvement both from last year and through the course of the year.  We really haven't, at least not consistently.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

He isn't a bust yet, but the trajectory points toward that.  We are a MUCH worse football team under him than under Skip Holtz in nearly every aspect of play.  We said the same thing for 3 years -- needs time to get his players in the system.  If we don't make it to a bowl next year or come awfully close then Willie should absolutely be fired as should our AD.

Are you really that ignorant or do you just try to stir things up? 

Reading the previous post, I'm leading towards trying to stir things up ... No one with a college education can be this ignorant.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

I'll start calling Willie a bust when next year the team is in same position as now.

Till then we just need to have some patience.

Look at uf that offense is a mess and this is muschamps third year..yikes.

• Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  3,084

The same usf fans calling for Willie his first year would also call for saban to be fired when bama lost to ul Monroe his first year lol

don't mind that guy. he wanted heath fired during his first year here.

If you're talking about me I still know Heath isn't the guy for the job, then again mediocre (at best) isn't good enough for someone like me.

Usf will never be a consistent winning bball program with Heath but if you're happy with a flash in a pan season once every 5-10 years he's your guy.

I don't think Willie will ever have a good season at usf. Recruiting only gets you so far. I see the plays being called, it's painful. Defend away.

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761

All I know is skips first season which was pretty good was not an indicator of his next two. So why think then reason that Willie is already a bust? People here are illogical