• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is Taggart a bust?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

He is fielding a team on which the talent lies primarily in the true Freshmen. He is installing one of the most complex offenses in CFB. He is weeding out all of the little negative nancies on the team. He is installing an offense that has gone 44-7 for the last 4 years at Stanford and has beaten 5 ranked teams this year. He has to load the pipeline. Everyone thought Stanford would stumble when Luck left, yet it only got better.Patience, children.

The good news is that we are almost done with one year!!! Painful year for us all. Now we expect to see improvement in the next few years. It is a fair thing to look for as fans. Two more games to go this season and we can put this to rest. GO BULLS!!

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

He is fielding a team on which the talent lies primarily in the true Freshmen. He is installing one of the most complex offenses in CFB. He is weeding out all of the little negative nancies on the team. He is installing an offense that has gone 44-7 for the last 4 years at Stanford and has beaten 5 ranked teams this year. He has to load the pipeline. Everyone thought Stanford would stumble when Luck left, yet it only got better.Patience, children.

This is how I see it. I am not ready to criticize the man until the end of his second season.  This offense is intended to impose its will on the other team and wear them out.  It takes the right players and lots of practice to implement. 

I think we will see improvements as the players "get it" and we start getting some of the horses we need.

It's fun watching Todd Graham lead this ASU team.

8-5 in year one, 9-2 right now staring at the Rose Bowl.

With Dennis Ericksen's players in a dump of a facility and not in a recruiting hotbed.

Todd Graham may be a good coach but he is just not a stand up person. He has left many programs without class and I would not be suprised if he leaves ASU for Texas soon. Texas already took ASU's AD. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,007
  • Days Won:  12

Pause before you call Taggart a bust. Look at Cutcliffe @ Duke, Kill @ Minnesota, Strong @ Louisville. They did not have great first seasons but things picked up. It doesn't always end like this, but there's only one way FOR it to end like that: give it time. 

Pause before you call Taggart a bust. Look at Cutcliffe @ Duke, Kill @ Minnesota, Strong @ Louisville. They did not have great first seasons but things picked up. It doesn't always end like this, but there's only one way FOR it to end like that: give it time. 

I would like to add Coach Will Taggart at WKU during his 1st season. That team went 2-10. I know they were 0-12 the year before but he still went 2-10. His next year I believe he went 7-5 which I would be ecstatic if he did that here at USF next season. The good news is that CWT has been through a bad 1st year as head coach so he is pretty much going to be calm about it and stick to what he wants to do. Now if this was his 1st ever head coaching gig I would be more concerned about him being able to rebound. I believe he will put this behind us and start winning more next season. That is what I want to believe..

I would like to add Coach Will Taggart at WKU during his 1st season. That team went 2-10. I know they were 0-12 the year before but he still went 2-10. His next year I believe he went 7-5 which I would be ecstatic if he did that here at USF next season. The good news is that CWT has been through a bad 1st year as head coach so he is pretty much going to be calm about it and stick to what he wants to do. Now if this was his 1st ever head coaching gig I would be more concerned about him being able to rebound. I believe he will put this behind us and start winning more next season. That is what I want to believe..

Last year we beat Chattanooga, Nevada and UCONN.  Without BJ we would have probably just beaten the Mocs.  I am just wondering if it was all that much better that what Willie had to start with at WKU.

come of it wasn't bj out for uconn?

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

:angrymob: :angrymob: :angrymob: :angrymob: :angrymob: :angrymob: :angrymob: :angrymob: :angrymob: :angrymob:

Lmao Brad

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

come of it wasn't bj out for uconn?

He got hurt during UConn.