• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

No offensive touchdowns in 50% of our games. Record?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

We keep hitting fresh lows.  At this point, I can only be thankful for 2 wins we barely won.

The only other bright spots I see, and I'd love someone to chip in with more:

1.  Some of our best players are freshmen.

2. Taggart seems to have a pretty good recruiting class, and he's showing that good freshman can push thru upperclassmen.  That may be appealing to a lot of recruits.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I like the freshman contributors, but with the exception of White, the young contributors are on defense and I really am not yet sold on White being a saviour yet.

My question as we move forward then is if it is such a difficult offense to learn and execute won't we be going through the same crap next year as we bring in new kids, whether they are Juco transfers or in coming freshmen? I don't see where we have set any kind of base to build from. Seems we are getting worse without any signs of improvement whatsoever.

I like Willie and didn't have any concerns that he would get started on an upswing, but after these last two games I see nothing to build upon and no one to build around on offense and that does not bode well for next year.

I found it funny that when talking about USF's offense. Graber was talking about how USF got inside the SMU 40 as if it was like we were inside Their 10 yard line. Inside the opponents 40 is not the freaking red zone, but when we finally do the announcers are on total amazement.

Too funny.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

The defense and special teams have been better than average.

With a decent offense this team could have made a bowl.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,116
  • Days Won:  39

This offense is god awful all year except for one game. Not sure if it's play calling or what. BRING IT NEXT WEEK OR IT'S GOING TO BE UGLY.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

The offensive problems are beyond just verbiage. Line is not good. Receivers can't beat man coverage. No speed on the edge. No real power back. The complications do not help this but there's bucket loads of problems out there regardless of offensive system.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

What happened to Tice tonight?  I didn't see him get in the game.

What happened to Tice tonight?  I didn't see him get in the game.

Was asking the same thing.  I like WDavis, but he's slow.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

I was thinking exactly the thread title last night....

I have lost a lot of optimism for Taggart and my cynicism is growing. This team has shown very little improvement since the first game. Actually the team looks worse in some areas, penalties being one of them. Though White is playing better than Eveld, he still has some things to work out. .

I was thinking exactly the thread title last night....

I have lost a lot of optimism for Taggart and my cynicism is growing. This team has shown very little improvement since the first game. Actually the team looks worse in some areas, penalties being one of them. Though White is playing better than Eveld, he still has some things to work out. .

true, but White has 3 games experience.  Eveld has been with the program nearly 5 years.  Floyd, 3.  White is well ahead of that pace.  Not sure about Bench.  I'm sure he's annoyed to be brought it for a single run option play. Not exactly what he was hoping for.