• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How Many Football Players Will Leave?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

We have already had the following leave:

Sterling Griffin

TRex

Montgomery

Bivins

I would say you will probably see 3 or 4 more go as well

When did Bivins and Montgomery leave? I thought they were just recovering from injuries.

montgomery left just before the season to iowa state....bivins was just announced as leaving...there's another thread on it.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/08/21/former-usf-wr-dvario-montgomery-transfers-to-iowa-state/

Sorry, I was thinking Fidel Montgomery, not D'Vario. And I'm just finding out about Bivins' intention to transfer after the conclusion of the season.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I may be wrong, but I seem to recall we also had a lot of players leave the year between announcing we got in to the Big East and our first year of actually playing in the BE. At that point in time there was a big jump in the talent level that was coming in to the program and we started to see a lot of kids playing as Freshmen and Sophomores displacing some of the older kids that were less talented.

Let's hope we see the same kind of success and better the next couple of years.

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

This list has nothing on the list of names that left when the prior coach got hired.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

hopefully mostly those who graduate,  or those who are not going to see playing time ever.   Hopefully everyone else sticks.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

This list has nothing on the list of names that left when the prior coach got hired.

Really?  Let's see that list in February and compare.  As I recall it wasn't very long.

Really? Let's see that list in February and compare. As I recall it wasn't very long.

After JPP and carlton mitchell, that list is already tops. I could go back and research who else left (we can count commits too if you want) but i think those two names carry enough weight. I can count mike ford too but he was always in trouble.

And you mentioned february so im gonna assume you mean how many current recruits jump ship? Dont get your hopes up. Not many will unless grades factor in.

Really? Let's see that list in February and compare. As I recall it wasn't very long.

After JPP and carlton mitchell, that list is already tops. I could go back and research who else left (we can count commits too if you want) but i think those two names carry enough weight. I can count mike ford too but he was always in trouble.

And you mentioned february so im gonna assume you mean how many current recruits jump ship? Dont get your hopes up. Not many will unless grades factor in.

Mitchell and JPP left for the NFL draft.  It's possible that Mitchell's situation was mildly impacted by the coaching change, but that is doubtful.  You cannot really believe that JPP would have passed up the opportunity to be drafted in the first round to come back to USF, regardless of the coach.

Mitchell and JPP left for the NFL draft. It's possible that Mitchell's situation was mildly impacted by the coaching change, but that is doubtful. You cannot really believe that JPP would have passed up the opportunity to be drafted in the first round to come back to USF, regardless of the coach.

Im sure jpp would have left regardless. But still the talent turnover was much worse with the hiring of holtz than taggart.

1.  That is impossible to say, since we haven't gotten through year one yet.  So far it's been Sterling Griffin, Terrance Mitchell, D'Vario Montgomery and Chris Bivins that I can recall.  Some are saying several others will transfer out.

2.  I only recall two or three players leaving after Holtz started, and they were players without much of a role under Leavitt either.  But when you provide a list of all of those key players, maybe we can compare notes.
Edited by ShadowBull

Interesting that Taggart is complaining about not having enough quality receivers after having three transfer out.  I will conceded that TRex was probably gone regardless.  I'm thinking Griffin and Montgomery could have been a huge help.