• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

who will be gator's next football coach

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

current coach should be axed

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

They'll go one of three ways:

1. Poach a coach. (heh) They'll look to pull a coach from an existing big time school (but "not as big as theirs" /say that with a snooty pinky in the air), though depending on Muschamps buyouts (I hear they are favorable to the university) it may not happen. They'll throw some cash at Charlie Strong, Dan Mullen, David Cutcliffe, etc. It may not be a coach who is going 10-2, 11-1 every year, but a guy that they can count on building properly and utilizing the talent to put points up...and the SEC has shifted to an offensive league it seems, so the defense will naturally be good, but the offense is now the key to winning.

2. Promote a coach. They'll find an SEC assistant to promote. After Muschamp, this seems less likely as well, but Kirby Smart, or some of these other well paid assistants could get the call, similar to how Mullen got his call to MSU.

3. Poach a coach - flavor of the year edition. Take a pick of your latest MAC, MWC, AAC coach, and give them SEC money and talent and let them do wonders, aka the Urban Meyer treatment. Give a call to Chris Petersen or whatever MAC team is doing well, etc etc. Would need a vote of confidence to get things in order, so may not happen unless they catch fire right out of the gate (again: see spoiled UF fanbase).

There's a #4 involving picking up a failed college coach (esp one that may have had ties in college), but that seems unlikely seeing who is on the hot seat. Maybe they can hire Schiano?

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I could totally see them throwing a bunch of $ at Charlie Strong.  Ties to the program, running a successful future ACC program, his team whipped the Gators last year in the BCS bowl, and Tennessee ALMOST got him.  

I think the pull of coaching the Gators where he spent such a long time could be too much to resist.  

I could totally see them throwing a bunch of $ at Charlie Strong.  Ties to the program, running a successful future ACC program, his team whipped the Gators last year in the BCS bowl, and Tennessee ALMOST got him.  

I think the pull of coaching the Gators where he spent such a long time could be too much to resist.  

Yeah, that's a wildcard though because he spent so much time there (I think he was there under Zook too?) and was always the best man, never the groom. He may not be keen on being given the shot, but money always talks.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

They had some good fortune with an ex-Duke HC in the past so wouldn't be surprised to see Cutcliffe there .... if there becoems an opening.

Against my love of watching UF struggle, I think they need to give coach another year. I don't know the age of the team, but they did have some injuries, and they need to get set with a better QB, and even if it's a highly rated freshman, they need to get him in and work him spring and summer to get going. They have a few guys who are obviously Meyer guys still, and it seems no matter how good/bad the previous coach was, their guys leaving seems to calm things (hoping the same happens as Skippy's guys graduate and move on). They do have an offensive coordinator issue, not sure if Pease is over his head not being in a cakewalk at Boise State anymore or if he just was stuck with wannabe Tebow Jr to start the year, and ended up with a guy who isn't ready or good enough.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Who cares?

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Who cares?

Obviously you cared enough to view the thread, and post.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

Gator co-worker says he may get another year.