• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ticky Tack BS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

There's no guarantee that we would have won without that call, but it still sucked.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

That was a bs call and if you listened to the announcers during the game and then after they said the same thing

You must be talking the Bulls radio announcers. The tv guys said no such thing during the game ... I haven't read this whole thread but am I the only one thinking it was a good call?? The non-call on their db later was a bs non-call ...

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

That was a bs call and if you listened to the announcers during the game and then after they said the same thing

You must be talking the Bulls radio announcers. The tv guys said no such thing during the game ... I haven't read this whole thread but am I the only one thinking it was a good call?? The non-call on their db later was a bs non-call ...

Basically the TV announcers said it was a ticky tacky call and shouldn't have been called at that point in the game.  Then they got onto the refs for the no-call going the other way after making that call.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  201
  • Days Won:  0

I was watching the game up until that play.  As I was driving home the radio announcers on Sirius 91 were livid.  When I got home after the game the ESPN folks were debating how "ticky tacky" the call was and the fact that a game shouldn't be overturned on a hyper-technical OPI call.  His arm was stretched out, yes, but that is a bologna call in that situation.  It's just too close to change an outcome over.  It's like tie going to the runner in baseball.  If its that close, there's really no call.  That little bit of pushing and shoving goes on all game long.  Unless he judo chopped the guy, let it go.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  201

I was watching the game up until that play.  As I was driving home the radio announcers on Sirius 91 were livid.  When I got home after the game the ESPN folks were debating how "ticky tacky" the call was and the fact that a game shouldn't be overturned on a hyper-technical OPI call.  His arm was stretched out, yes, but that is a bologna call in that situation.  It's just too close to change an outcome over.  It's like tie going to the runner in baseball.  If its that close, there's really no call.  That little bit of pushing and shoving goes on all game long.  Unless he judo chopped the guy, let it go.

And beyond that, it did change the outcome.  Just like the decision to onside probably did and the fact that Houston hung points on us.  Every play matters but the ones that get taken away by some "officiating clairvoyant" are ones that hurt.  Football is a game of inches.  Every play is the play of the game.  However, the one that sent me into a cussing fit was the pass interference call... 

We are squabbling over nothing...

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,629

Both the in game announcers and the post game show guys said it shouldn't have been called.

If you don't think there was something fishy going on last night well....

The flag was among a season-high 19 thrown against the Bulls (2-6, 2-2 American Athletic Conference). It was the most penalties by a team in a Division I-A game this season, according to ESPN Stats and Information.

I understand we had a new qb but really? This is coming from a team that averages 49 penalty yards a game. There was something going on last night

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

Offensive pass interference call sucked and absolutely changed outcome. We need to make sure in the future that can't happen. We do that by not making so many glaring mistakes so we aren't in that position.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Call was HORRIBLE.

There was NO pass interference. Our receiver did not interfere with the pass.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,629

This reminds me of the Bucs game a few years ago against the Lions where they called Kellen Winslow for pass interference in the end zone when the CB wasn't even looking at the ball and was literally hugging Winslow.  Cost the Bucs the game and the playoffs 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

Call was HORRIBLE.

There was NO pass interference. Our receiver did not interfere with the pass.

So you have to interfere with actual pass for PI ..... got it.