• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF's Inept Offense

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Physically and mentally weak, Taggart addressed the physical part very early on. He made a statement about getting stronger. I'm sure he was talking about physical toughness. It will take time, but he is the right guy.

Sorry to break it to you, but next year may not be much better. We'll see.

Go Bulls!

I think we will have improvement next year. I could see us reasonably expecting to go 6-6 or 7-5 next year. You are right though to get to where we want to be will take 3 - 4 years of Taggart recruiting. Hopefully the Re Alignment bus holds off til then. 

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Physically and mentally weak, Taggart addressed the physical part very early on. He made a statement about getting stronger. I'm sure he was talking about physical toughness. It will take time, but he is the right guy.

Go Bulls!

I think we will have improvement next year. I could see us reasonably expecting to go 6-6 or 7-5 next year. You are right though to get to where we want to be will take 3 - 4 years of Taggart recruiting. Hopefully the Re Alignment bus holds off til then. 

Only way we go 6-6 or 7-5 next year is if Mike White is the real deal or Quinton Flowers stays committed and is the real deal. Taggart will bring in the talent. How he continues to get kids to want to come here is beyond me considering the state of our program. My question is can he coach them? His X's and O's coaching don't look very good thus far.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Most disturbing are the WRs. They just cannot separate from the DBs.

that's been my grip forever.  Our receivers never "rescue" the QB either.  When the design play fails, we need guys to fight to get open, or find a space where the QB can get them. Often, you see them all clumped together.  We need some guys that see a QB is trouble, and sprint to give him a target.  We need RB's to block, and sneak out for a safety valve pass.

I posted elsewhere, we need Anquan Boldin to visit camp, and teach these WRs & TEs this simple, yet critical skill set.  Price was pretty good at this last year, but he's been almost invisible this year.  Surprising, in that we were told to expect a steady diet of TE passes.  Maybe it's because the QBs don't have enough time, but those are usually quick hitters.

Frustrating to say the least.  Hopefully some of the new guys figure this out (and please, no more sloppy screens to Hopkins...he's going to get killed OR bat up a pick 6 ball in traffic).  We have to utilize the limited talent we have.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705

Go Bulls!

Only way we go 6-6 or 7-5 next year is if Mike White is the real deal or Quinton Flowers stays committed and is the real deal. Taggart will bring in the talent. How he continues to get kids to want to come here is beyond me considering the state of our program. My question is can he coach them? His X's and O's coaching don't look very good thus far.

I Think we need to see next year when our players have more experience with his system to begin to see his full X's and O's. I think he toned down his playbook quite a bit this year and the players are still learning a completely different system. 

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

Go Bulls!

I Think we need to see next year when our players have more experience with his system to begin to see his full X's and O's. I think he toned down his playbook quite a bit this year and the players are still learning a completely different system. 

Yea I know he deserves the benefit of the doubt for the most part. However, it is just mind boggling to me that we haven't scored an offensive TD in 12 straight quarters and even the start of this thread we have 8 red zone trips in 7 games. There are plenty of teams out there dealing with talent issues even worse than us and I would highly doubt they are having the same issues as far as red zone trips/scoring offensive TDs..

Edited by USFbulls24

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777

At a certain point getting into the endzone becomes mind over matter.

2013: RED-ZONE TOUCHDOWNS (3-8) 38%

2012: RED-ZONE TOUCHDOWNS (18-34) 53%

2011: RED-ZONE TOUCHDOWNS (27-48) 56%

2010: RED-ZONE TOUCHDOWNS (21-42) 50%

2009: RED-ZONE TOUCHDOWNS (27-40) 68%

2008: RED-ZONE TOUCHDOWNS (32-58) 55%

2007: RED-ZONE TOUCHDOWNS (38-66) 58%

But it seems like  the red-zone gotten further and further away over the years.

In order to be successful the mentality must change first!!!!!

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Offense has been so pathetic since we had Floyd, eveld and bench. If white plays like he can we will see a much improved offense.

Show me a good offense with terrible qb play.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Most disturbing are the WRs. They just cannot separate from the DBs.

I posted elsewhere, we need Anquan Boldin to visit camp, and teach these WRs & TEs this simple, yet critical skill set.  Price was pretty good at this last year, but he's been almost invisible this year.  Surprising, in that we were told to expect a steady diet of TE passes.  Maybe it's because the QBs don't have enough time, but those are usually quick hitters.

Right, also might want to get a Wes Welker to visit and show them how to come back to the QB and give him a target if the play is a bust. Manning knows where to look if he gets in trouble, and we need one or two guys that can reliably get back to the ball--not like we don't have a pattern of 3-4 secs (liberally) before the trouble comes, so they should know when to look.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720

Wow, only 8 times? That is PATHETIC