• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tice should be featured RB vs Houston

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

Tice as lead back?  PShaw!  

Whoever totes the rock, however, I would like to see a lot more run attempts.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,808
  • Days Won:  0

I like how Tice runs with authority and he wants to punish defenders.  Needs better ball protection between the tackles

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

:stirpot:  lol. But its not as outrageous as some here may believe, SO LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!! There is several logical reasons for having Tice as the featured RB.

1) Shaw is most like not 100%

• Hamstring injuries are not good and can take upto several months and/or require surgery if the tear is severe. The fact that Shaw just started to practice is indicative of the severity of his injury.

2) Tice has the size for 20+ touches, Shaw built for more of a change of pace back

• Most of us had concerns regarding Shaw's durability in CT system, bc of his size, a generous 5'9" 178lbs, and his unfortunately injury can be used to argue that indeed he is not built for that many touches.  
  • Tice on the other hand is 6'0 205lbs. He is much more suited for the power run offense CT wants. 

3) Productivity of the two backs recently is not that far off

• Shaw's last 2 games:

Miami

RUSHING          No. Gain Loss Net TD Lg Avg. 
SHAW, Marcus   20 131 4 127 1 44 6.3

Cinci
SHAW, Marcus   9  27 0 27 0 9 3.0 

• Tice's last 2 games: UConn and UL

UConn

RUSHING No. Gain Loss Net TD Lg Avg. 
TICE, Darius   11 70 1 69 0 27 6.3

UL
TICE, Darius   7 44 3 41 0 24 5.9 

4) Tice is the future

• I feel a little bad about this one since Shaw is a senior, but Tice is our future. 

In the end I respect what Shaw has done and its obvious he should have gotten more touches with the previous staff. I am not saying that Shaw should not continue to be part of the one-two punch; just he should be two and not one. He is an amazing speedster with great vision and should be used accordingly, if not only for the benefit of his current health status. I would hate for him to unnecessarily injure himself further.

I go in peace  :guinness:

Edited by Bull-Hornz

Tice as lead back?  PShaw!  

Whoever totes the rock, however, I would like to see a lot more run attempts.

I like what you did there :D

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Shaw all the way,  Is in the top 60 or so RB's in the country (after missing 2 1/2 games, 1/2 Cincy, all of Ville and UConn game). (Was just outside the top 20 Prior to his injury)    Shaw is a stud and give us the best chance to eat up TOP(Clock),  keep drives alive,.  He has some really good stats when you consider he has missed almost 3 games. http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/player/_/stat/rushing/sort/rushingYards/qualified/false/count/41

Shaws stats are against Miami, Michigan St, Both Ranked teams as well.

I suspect we will play multiple players at that position moving forward this year.  (Which will help keep them healthy, get the underclassmen playing time, and make us better moving forward, while winning a few more games this year).

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/503121/marcus-shaw

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

:stirpot:  lol. But its not as outrageous as some here may believe, SO LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!! There is several logical reasons for having Tice as the featured RB.

1) Shaw is most like not 100%

• Hamstring injuries are not good and can take upto several months and/or require surgery if the tear is severe. The fact that Shaw just started to practice is indicative of the severity of his injury.

2) Tice has the size for 20+ touches, Shaw built for more of a change of pace back

• Most of us had concerns regarding Shaw's durability in CT system, bc of his size, a generous 5'9" 178lbs, and his unfortunately injury can be used to argue that indeed he is not built for that many touches.  
  • Tice on the other hand is 6'0 205lbs. He is much more suited for the power run offense CT wants. 

3) Productivity of the two backs recently is not that far off

• Shaw's last 2 games:

Miami

SHAW, Marcus   20 131 4 127 1 44 6.3

Cinci
SHAW, Marcus   9  27 0 27 0 9 3.0 

• Tice's last 2 games: UConn and UL

UConn

TICE, Darius   11 70 1 69 0 27 6.3

UL
TICE, Darius   7 44 3 41 0 24 5.9 

4) Tice is the future

• I feel a little bad about this one since Shaw is a senior, but Tice is our future. 

In the end I respect what Shaw has done and its obvious he should have gotten more touches with the previous staff. I am not saying that Shaw should not continue to be part of the one-two punch; just he should be two and not one. He is an amazing speedster with great vision and should be used accordingly, if not only for the benefit of his current health status. I would hate for him to unnecessarily injure himself further.

I go in peace  :guinness:

One more:

• White has likely spent much more time in practice with Tice in his backfield than Shaw.

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

If Shaw is healthy, go with him. Averages 130 yards/game. If he was averaging 50 yards then I wouldn't argue with that. We still need to win games and show promise. Need to look like we are going somewhere and lure in recruits. Tice should be the backup and get carries. No argument there.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,007
  • Days Won:  12

We are close to having a top line of RBs. Tice, Shaw, Davis. Need to OL and WR to block downfield though. 

One more:

• White has likely spent much more time in practice with Tice in his backfield than Shaw.

Yes Yes...

drksidevg0.jpg

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Shaw all the way with Tice being the change of pace.....Davis in goal line/short yardage plays

This.