• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Deja Vu, FSU??

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

This team we have now playing at their absolute very best for an entire game wouldn't even be able to beat FAU.

Yet they beat UC and UConn ... I'm not easily embarrassed by things USF fans say (well, except for youknowwho) but that's a ******* ridiculous statement.

Alright it's an exaggeration, but to be fair UConn probably isn't as good as FAU. And Cincy probably played the worst game they've played in 2 decades. I was talking about the "parallels" from 2009 to now. That our 2009 team playing their best could compete with just about anyone where that is not even close to the case with this team. I didn't mean it as a general statement.

Our 2009 team, at their best, was not good enough to compete with just about anyone... and we don't really know yet what the current team can do at its' best. As JB did point out, he wasn't predicting a win or anything, just that there some interesting little parallels between the games.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

This team we have now playing at their absolute very best for an entire game wouldn't even be able to beat FAU.

Yet they beat UC and UConn ... I'm not easily embarrassed by things USF fans say (well, except for youknowwho) but that's a ******* ridiculous statement.

Alright it's an exaggeration, but to be fair UConn probably isn't as good as FAU. And Cincy probably played the worst game they've played in 2 decades. I was talking about the "parallels" from 2009 to now. That our 2009 team playing their best could compete with just about anyone where that is not even close to the case with this team. I didn't mean it as a general statement.

Dangerously close to winning Strawman Argument of the Week.  No one compared the 2 teams.  I simply stated (or thought I did) a few commonalities that are interesting in this view.  How you somehow lept at me (or anyone) comparing the 2009 and 2013 is beyond comprehension.

I hope you can agree that the few simple comps (while not a predictor to the outcome) are real.  If not, I'm curious how you think they are not (unless we're beating parallel horses, and this gap just can't be closed).

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Dangerously close to winning Strawman Argument of the Week.  No one compared the 2 teams.  I simply stated (or thought I did) a few commonalities that are interesting in this view.  How you somehow lept at me (or anyone) comparing the 2009 and 2013 is beyond comprehension.

I hope you can agree that the few simple comps (while not a predictor to the outcome) are real.  If not, I'm curious how you think they are not (unless we're beating parallel horses, and this gap just can't be closed).

The comparison between the situations really just aren't that close... that's all. Our D Line is our strength and we're starting a freshman QB that's about as far as it goes. FSU was coming off a much more impressive win, were ranked, is a national powerhouse program, in state team, etc.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

The comparison between the situations really just aren't that close... that's all. Our D Line is our strength and we're starting a freshman QB that's about as far as it goes. FSU was coming off a much more impressive win, were ranked, is a national powerhouse program, in state team, etc.

He didn't say the SITUATIONS were the same, or even close, just that there were some interesting parallels ... Good grief.

Mike, is this one of those situations I should be letting go?

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i appreciate jupiter's analysis

i understand his point

as much as i think houston will win easily  most thought the colts would beat the ny jets in 69

usf has a punchers chance

EVERYBODY HAS A PLAN UNTIL THEY GET PUNCHED IN THE FACE

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I thought this thread was out of place and was going to be about when Miami used to spoil FSU's national title dreams in the early 2000's

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I thought this thread was out of place and was going to be about when Miami used to spoil FSU's national title dreams in the early 2000's

Ha...not this year.  I don't recall seeing this big of a spread in an FSU-UM game...20+.  Hard to see how Miami does against FSU's wide open O, and how Duke & Co. fare.  Normally I'd expect it to be closer, for even if FSU gets up on top, to not blow them out.  But they are in a BCS battle, and they need computer points, so smashing the #7 Canes may be required, with no apologies for a wide margin blow out.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

Remembering the FSU game.  With Grothe going down the week before, and BJ being an unknown as a starter, I really thought we'd fight but FSU would pull away in the end, but in the back of my mind, I was hoping for a signature upset.  This time, I have about the same level of confidence in winning, but that possibility of an upset feeling is not there--probably a product of getting accustomed to losing.

2 more similarities for your list: 

1. FSU had a white out, UH is having a Black out.
  2. I will be drinking lots of beers before the game, I drank many beers before the FSU game

I hope we discover a new talent at the QB position that is contageous enough to pick up the whole team's level, break the Thursday night curse, and get out of this funk.  Let's score some offensive TDs tomorrow night!

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

In fairness if this team was clicking on all cylinders we would have one of the nation's best pass rushes and efficient qb play. We would likely be 4-3 as well.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Ummm 0 and forever on Thursday