• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What's on my mind about the QB position

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Our fan base has been spoiled with Grothe and Daniels as uber exciting QB's and they made our offense better than it should have been.  I feel White is probably a good qb (leadership, decision making) and I feel we are about as good as an offense as I was expected going into this season.  I was expecting Eveld to get injured again and I was expecting Floyd to be a turnover machine.  When we brought in Bench many on here knew he wasn't a full time answer but a good addition to depth.  I think ultimately we are all concerned about when the excitement will return to the position.

Well I'm here to tell you we need to let Taggart do his thing and recruit some guys to do the job.  We have two of the more athletic DTQB's in FL committed to us right now so we can rest a little easier that if this doesn't work out with pocket passers I think Taggart will bring in a guy who can give the AAC fits with his arm and his legs and bring the USF swag back.  On top of that we will have a traditional running game for once in our existence and it will be better than this season too.  We will have our guys through a REAL strength and conditioning program this off season with Straub. 

Bresnahan has showed he is getting the defense on track after the trainwreck last season with Cosh.  With a better offense this defense will really show it's effectiveness. 

There are rough times ahead for this team and the offense in particular.  Memphis may be the only game we win the rest of the season if things stay the same. 

However,

If Taggart wants to get creative like he says he does he may have to put Lamar Robbins (and other freshmen on offense and let him run some routes with Mcfarland and Price.  He needs to give White some big targets and quick outlets to get rid of the ball quick.  If Shaw can stay healthy then we have our home run hitter right there.  Let's go out swinging like real men and if we fail we'll have a new QB competition next season.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Good post..I said at the start of season we just need decent qb play this year if we were to have 6 or 7 win season we have yet to get decent qb play with Floyd, Eveld and bench. Glad we went to white we need to find out what we have with him now not next season.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  453
  • Days Won:  1

Very much agree.

Also for those worried about lack of advanced play calling, expect this to phase in very end of the season/next season.

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

I'm just glad the Eveld experiment is over... time to develop a quarterback that Taggert believes fits his system. White has time to learn, and hopefully gives us our best chance at fulfilling our 3 main objectives for this season of broken dreams.

1) Try to win 4 out of the next 5 games to get us in a bowl game...

2) Develop constancy and growth at the quarterback position for at least the next 2 years. (White or Bench)

3) At worst case scenario, take the time to prep so we keep the streak alive at 5 against UCF. They COULD be playing us for a BCS spot, and don't think for a second that wouldn't be used against us for a long time to come...

QB growth is essential, Jim was able to help Grothe and Daniels put us on the map, now it's time for Taggert to do the same with White/Bench (or whoever else comes in next year)

From this point forward, it's on Taggert... no more Skippy excuses! Show us some growth!

Frustrated bulls fan...

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159

FYI, it's Taggart. With two a's.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Our fan base has been spoiled with Grothe and Daniels as uber exciting QB's and they made our offense better than it should have been.  I feel White is probably a good qb (leadership, decision making) and I feel we are about as good as an offense as I was expected going into this season.  I was expecting Eveld to get injured again and I was expecting Floyd to be a turnover machine.  When we brought in Bench many on here knew he wasn't a full time answer but a good addition to depth.  I think ultimately we are all concerned about when the excitement will return to the position.

Well I'm here to tell you we need to let Taggart do his thing and recruit some guys to do the job.  We have two of the more athletic DTQB's in FL committed to us right now so we can rest a little easier that if this doesn't work out with pocket passers I think Taggart will bring in a guy who can give the AAC fits with his arm and his legs and bring the USF swag back.  On top of that we will have a traditional running game for once in our existence and it will be better than this season too.  We will have our guys through a REAL strength and conditioning program this off season with Straub. 

Bresnahan has showed he is getting the defense on track after the trainwreck last season with Cosh.  With a better offense this defense will really show it's effectiveness. 

There are rough times ahead for this team and the offense in particular.  Memphis may be the only game we win the rest of the season if things stay the same. 

However,

If Taggart wants to get creative like he says he does he may have to put Lamar Robbins (and other freshmen on offense and let him run some routes with Mcfarland and Price.  He needs to give White some big targets and quick outlets to get rid of the ball quick.  If Shaw can stay healthy then we have our home run hitter right there.  Let's go out swinging like real men and if we fail we'll have a new QB competition next season.

I haven't been spoiled

I am waiting for usf  to get their first qb that can lead usf to a conference champhionship

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222

Right now we need someone to get the butts back in the seats and lead a respectable offense.  We aren't close to any sort of championship.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

Thinking about the QB position for next season; Eveld is gone.  What happens with Floyd?  Do they not give him his scholarship? Aren't they renewable each year? Do they encourage him to transfer?  Otherwise we have White, Bench and, I'm assuming, two new guys coming in on scholarship.  T Eveld is a walk on and shouldn't affect number of scholarships.

But would a team use 5 scholarships on 1 position?  Thinking something has to give with Floyd.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688

Floyd should just retire from the game, finish his degree.

Lets hope bench and white develope and we get a stud JUCO and a stud recruit from HS.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Floyd will most likely transfer he is not stepping on the field as qb here.

Edited by Bulls On Parade