• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Houston vs South Florida predictions

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  636
  • Days Won:  0

Mike White is the truth and USF wins producing over 500 yards of offense. 300+ through the air.

USF 38

Houston 35

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

My prediction is that I watch the entire game AND keep all the alcohol* I drink in my stomach. 

*Hangovers not included

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  23

Usf breaks the touchdown scoring drought and scores 2TDs unfortuneately Houston still owns TOP and wins 31 - 14, breaking it open in the fourth as the defense gets stranded out there for 40 minutes again.

If Houston wins TOP, I'll be worried.  The Temple game is the only game we've won TOP (30:23 to 29:37) and won the game in the last 3 years.  That was possibly our worst offensive game of the year with only 1 late TD.  We had 8 red zone possessions and only had 5 FGs and 1 TD.  Even in 2010 when we went 13-1, we only won the TOP battle once that season, and that was our only loss.

If we win TOP, it means we're not getting big plays on offense, not scoring quickly, and not getting turnovers to get a short field for the offense.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I'm afraid Houston will get just enough big plays on our secondary to put it out of reach. If we can keep the ball in front of us, and IF we can get any semblance of offensive rhythm, then I predict:

USF - 20

UH - 14

The second half stat is a little scary--tells me they make adjustments that work, good coaching.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,646
  • Days Won:  29

USF is undefeated in domes.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

USF 27-23

Special teams score a touchdown, offense a couple, and 2 field goals.

Houston drives late trying to win but fumbles it away to Lynch on a Lattimore hit at the Bulls 17.

Bulls win!

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

USF is undefeated in domes.

Is Reliant going to be closed for sure Thursday night?

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Out of respect, I won't post my score prediction but I will say that I think O'Korn will have his third consecutive 300+ yard performance.

Out of respect? No offense, but starting a thread, and NOT having the grapes to post a prediction (but almost assuredly showing up AFTER a Houston win) is kinda sad.

This one is hard to call.  Houston may be peaking, but did beat Temple by 9, Rice by 5 and Memphis by 10.  There's a reason why 6-1 Houston has the same number of votes USF has in the AP Top 25 poll.  They are 31 in the Coaches poll.  Even if Houston beats big underdog USF, it won't move up.  But, you get UCF and Lville, so your team will be revealed, good or bad, soon enough.

For the record, I have no issue with Houston (I'm a Texan by birth, and lived in Austin for a few years...loved it).

Hard to predict, with no clue what White can do (and if our OL even gives him a chance to set & throw) and how Shaw will perform...and if we can somehow pop O'Korn early & often (our secondary is one of the weakest in D-1). 

But since there is no risk is predicting (or lack of respect...geeesh), I'll go with Houston winning 41-20.  I think our O is sick of hearing about the 3 game dry spell, and White's mere presence gets others to step up (and realize no job is safe).

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777

Are we forgetting this game is on THURSDAY?

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  111

Out of respect, I won't post my score prediction but I will say that I think O'Korn will have his third consecutive 300+ yard performance.

Out of respect? No offense, but starting a thread, and NOT having the grapes to post a prediction (but almost assuredly showing up AFTER a Houston win) is kinda sad.

This one is hard to call.  Houston may be peaking, but did beat Temple by 9, Rice by 5 and Memphis by 10.  There's a reason why 6-1 Houston has the same number of votes USF has in the AP Top 25 poll.  They are 31 in the Coaches poll.  Even if Houston beats big underdog USF, it won't move up.  But, you get UCF and Lville, so your team will be revealed, good or bad, soon enough.

For the record, I have no issue with Houston (I'm a Texan by birth, and lived in Austin for a few years...loved it).

Hard to predict, with no clue what White can do (and if our OL even gives him a chance to set & throw) and how Shaw will perform...and if we can somehow pop O'Korn early & often (our secondary is one of the weakest in D-1). 

But since there is no risk is predicting (or lack of respect...geeesh), I'll go with Houston winning 41-20.  I think our O is sick of hearing about the 3 game dry spell, and White's mere presence gets others to step up (and realize no job is safe).

I have plenty of grapes. I just didn't want to ruffle any feathers (or any hides in the case of USF).