• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I realize we have no Peyton Manning, but......

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

We have seen alot of Eveld the last 2 1/2 games I am sure if Bench had played durring that time we would have scored an offensive td.  You can see the offense looks a little better with Bench at qb.   

bench isn't any better than eveld. just more mobile.

their numbers are almost identical.

The edge goes to Bench given his mobility that can extend drives.  But both are near the bottom of FCS qbs.  Only way to go from here is up I don't see how White could be much worse unless he plays like Floyd. 

maybe he can make a play last a little longer but the results are all that matters. he is actually sacked more per pass attempt than eveld and throws more picks per attempt as well. he doesn't fumble as much I guess so there is that going for him. he does have a higher yards per attempt too.

I don't disagree both are really bad in the grand scheme of qb play.  Glad white gets to play this year he needs the experience can only make him better next year. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

We have seen alot of Eveld the last 2 1/2 games I am sure if Bench had played durring that time we would have scored an offensive td.  You can see the offense looks a little better with Bench at qb.   

Small sample size.  Do me a favor and figure out yards per play while each QB is on the field this season.  I think you'll find it is much better with Bench.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

PASSING STATISTICS

NAME CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A TD INT RAT

Bobby Eveld 38 96 455 39.6 4.74 2 2 82.1

Steven Bench 26 64 392 40.6 6.13 2 3 93.0

Matt Floyd 9 20 72 45.0 3.60 0 2 55.2

Mike White 1 2 5 50.0 2.50 0 0 71.0

Totals 74 183 924 40.4 5.05 4 7 82.4

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/stats/_/id/58/south-florida-bulls

Tell me again Bench isn't more effective at moving the team (not that he's great, or necessarily even good):

Eveld - Drive 1  5 plays 15 yards
        Drive 2  3 plays -2 yards (15 yard penalty on punt return and 15 yard roughing the passer leads to FG)
        Drive 3  3 plays 8 yards 
        Drive 4  3 plays 1 yard
        Drive 4 1/2  2 plays 3 yards

Bench - Drive 1  (came in on 3rd down)  1 play 0 yards
        Drive 2  4 plays 13 yards (including Dunkley drop that hit him in the numbers)
        Drive 3  3 plays 47 yards (Tice fumble)
        Drive 4  10 plays 36 yards (INT)

Eveld 16 plays, 25 yards, 1.56 yards/play

Bench 18 plays, 97 yards, 5.38 yards/play

Should Bench have started the game?  I think the numbers prove it.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Small sample size.  Do me a favor and figure out yards per play while each QB is on the field this season.  I think you'll find it is much better with Bench.

64 attempts in 3 + games is more than enough.

not going to bother.

his yards per pass is slightly higher. he also gets sacked more per play, throws more picks per attempt, and averages -2 yards per carry less than Eveld.

Tell me again Bench isn't more effective at moving the team (not that he's great, or necessarily even good):

Drive 2  3 plays -2 yards (15 yard penalty on punt return and 15 yard roughing the passer leads to FG)
        Drive 3  3 plays 8 yards 
        Drive 4  3 plays 1 yard

talk about a small sample size.

not sure a QB should get credit for a 24 yard run by RB.

BTW Bench threw a pick 6 so he was -6 points while eveld didn't turn the ball over.

He had a lower completion percentage, more picks, less rushing yards and a lower QB rating.

their numbers on the year are almost identical.

BTW I'm not arguing Eveld should start over Bench. Just that they are both equally ineffective.

Edited by Bull94

Drive 3  3 plays 8 yards 
        Drive 4  3 plays 1 yard

BTW Bench threw a pick 6 so he was -6 points while eveld didn't turn the ball over.

He had a lower completion percentage, more picks, less rushing yards and a lower QB rating.

BTW I'm not arguing Eveld should start over Bench. Just that they are both equally ineffective.

Eveld had a clean slate at the beginning of the game, Bench was trying to rally a team 17 points down.  Bench was clearly more effective, there really is no debate.

Drive 3  3 plays 8 yards 
        Drive 4  3 plays 1 yard

Eveld had a clean slate at the beginning of the game, Bench was trying to rally a team 17 points down.  Bench was clearly more effective, there really is no debate.

again you are talking about one game. I based it off of total stats for the year and you say it's a small sample size.

he still in this game had a lower completion percentage, more picks, less rushing yards and a lower QB rating.

He was not clearly more effective.

we scored 0 points while he was QBing.

last I checked that was the object.

and again I'm not arguing eveld is the better option. neither are good options. their numbers are equally bad.

that is the only thing not debatable.

Drive 3  3 plays 8 yards 
        Drive 4  3 plays 1 yard

again you are talking about one game. I based it off of total stats for the year and you say it's a small sample size.

he still in this game had a lower completion percentage, more picks, less rushing yards and a lower QB rating.

He was not clearly more effective.

we scored 0 points while he was QBing.

last I checked that was the object.

and again I'm not arguing eveld is the better option. neither are good options. their numbers are equally bad.

that is the only thing not debatable.

I'm not basing it off of one game.  One game is all I have had time to break down in detail.  Break down some other games and prove me wrong.  Right now you are based 100% on opinion.

And yes, a QB has a significant impact on the ability to run the ball.  The threat of the passing game, making the right calls at the line, the QB impacts the running game especially in this offense.

Prove me wrong.