• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mike White in the game, loses redshirt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  725
  • Days Won:  0

Coach T confirmed on 98.7 that White starts Thursday

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

coach t better recruit t top jc qb and a top frosh qb

if he goes into next year with this group coach t will be coach gone

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,629

I see you follow USF football really close there smazza. You should check our recruits. How you haven't been hired as a head coach or recruiter is beyond me...

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315
  • Days Won:  3

#USF radio guy, @arperlman, "can confirm Steven Bench is fully healthy." ... My conjecture: White's your QB here on out.

Joey Knight

Why is everyone acting like saving his red shirt is super important? If he's the best we've got play him. Obviously Willie didn't want to go to him, but Eveld was terrible as usual, Bench was better but he's also injured. See if White can give us anything

I have been saying the same thing.  Everyone is screaming about a redshirt.....seriously who cares that redshirt would only matter to us in FOUR YEARS.   Flowers has recommitted and Litton will most likely be coming in too, so you might as well see what you can get from White.   Eveld is going to go down as one of the worst QB's in CFB history statistically.   Bench is banged up and has struggled even when healthy.  Floyd is transfering out.  You might as well roll with White, atleast if you stink then you know that you most likely will be starting a true Freshman next year.   Our offensive line is just complete trash too.  These guys don't even use basic blocking techniques, they just flail around.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315
  • Days Won:  3

Coach T has 2 QB's coming in, and even if they stink next year he won't get fired.  Holtz has left this team so talent deprived, and ruined any good talent he had so its going to take a while.  Its not like Shiano with the Bucs, where he has talent, but cant coach.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,629

I don't see Litton recommitting. We may get that Juco Qb Mike Adens but I think he'll be the last one. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

according to perlman he receiver confirmation form med staff that bench wasn't hurt and White was coaches decision.

Bench was not entirely healthy. Jogging forward and back was pretty good.  Cutting was very difficult.  Not revealing sources since I got blasted in the past.  But the kid isn't near 100%. 

Edit: If he had been 100% he would have started, right?

Edited by CousinRicky

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Hope Taggart knows what he's doing... this reeks of a Holtz-type move.

A Holtz-type move would be sticking with the current line-up as to not hurt their feelings, and instead blame the loss on humidity

A Taggart-type move would be replacing players that aren't performing

A typical Smazza post.  Completely stupid and no reason to argue against.

#USF radio guy, @arperlman, "can confirm Steven Bench is fully healthy." ... My conjecture: White's your QB here on out.

Joey Knight

Why is everyone acting like saving his red shirt is super important? If he's the best we've got play him. Obviously Willie didn't want to go to him, but Eveld was terrible as usual, Bench was better but he's also injured. See if White can give us anything

I have been saying the same thing.  Everyone is screaming about a redshirt.....seriously who cares that redshirt would only matter to us in FOUR YEARS.   Flowers has recommitted and Litton will most likely be coming in too, so you might as well see what you can get from White.   Eveld is going to go down as one of the worst QB's in CFB history statistically.   Bench is banged up and has struggled even when healthy.  Floyd is transfering out.  You might as well roll with White, atleast if you stink then you know that you most likely will be starting a true Freshman next year.   Our offensive line is just complete trash too.  These guys don't even use basic blocking techniques, they just flail around.

Completely correct.  We are recruiting QB's, and probably will every year.  Look at our commits coming in next year as an example.  We wont just have ONE qb in our roster.  If it would matter 4 years from now, it would indicate more serious problems with our program than a QB issue.

Edited by dogma

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

Funny I seem to remember a lot of complaints on here when a certain redshirt was lost during the Miami game last year. Nobody is up in arms about that anymore huh? Taggart didn't want to lose the redshirt but I'm ok with it. He needs to see what White has now. Why go into next year not knowing?? Can he do any worse than our current QBs who only score TDs for the other team?