• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

JTrue,

Because it is their community. Their university. They shoudl care!! This team was 2-0 in AAC and playing against a ranked team. Also, Bucs could draft that UL QB so wouldnt they want to see how does? No excuses!!! The facts are that only about 20k care. Long way to go.

It's not their university. It's the closest college to them geographically. That's not enough to make a person watch bad football.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

pretty sure people watching on TV look at our record and tend to understand why we are not getting a lot of fans support.

then again-- I rarely look at the stands as much as the game being played. I care about the action on the field more so than if the college coeds trying to get layed out in Lot 14 have decided to saunter over to the Pirate ship or stands. The alumni and older fans who don't make it wouldn't have helped us overcome this team either. It is somewhat understandable but not my problem as to who makes it to games. And I refuse to ever be embarassed by what we look like on tv frm a fan support perspective.

but you know-- perhaps that's just me

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

Well that is too bad.  Gone are the days of C-USA when we would at least get 30k for homecoming. I could see a non homecoming game getting 20k, but not homecoming. There is no excuse for that. Sorry. 

• Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

Well that is too bad.  Gone are the days of C-USA when we would at least get 30k for homecoming. I could see a non homecoming game getting 20k, but not homecoming. There is no excuse for that. Sorry. 

you think too much

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

We are pretty at the Post Greenberg/McCullum support level of hoops now. We will never get those peeps back now. It would take a miracle for that to happen. Good luck.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

We are pretty at the Post Greenberg/McCullum support level of hoops now. We will never get those peeps back now. It would take a miracle for that to happen. Good luck.

F them. Who needs them. This city is the worst bandwagon city I have ever been in.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

Well, lemme ask you a question:

S'pose I were to move back to Charlotte. Would I have some sort of moral obligation to head over to the UNCC 49ers brand spankin' new OCS on Saturdays and watch games, maybe even spring for season tickets? After all, it's "my community", is it not? Does that make it 'my university'?

Gonna have to vote no across the board. 

If USF were decent halfway through the season, students would show up, as would the alumni  and 'casual' fans. If there were an expectation of anything other than another loss, people would show up. It's why I, and many others, only hit a few basketball games per year. The losing seasons and absence of post-season tournament time have an impact on where that discretionary spending takes place.

Just look at how many alumni reside around this area. Our alumni population is such that we SHOULD fill that stadium week in and week out. But we don't. And a big part of getting people back to the stadium is making it worth their time. Does that constitute being "bandwagon" fans? Most likely, 'cause everybody loves a winner. It's only the die-hards that show up through thick and thin. And the fact that this was homecoming weekend really does speak volumes about how 'bandwagon' some USF alumni* really are.

* taking into consideration that homecoming alums did not constitute 50% of the attendees...and actual attendance would have been 10K were it not homecoming...  :blush:

• Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

JTrue,

Because it is their community. Their university. They shoudl care!! This team was 2-0 in AAC and playing against a ranked team. Also, Bucs could draft that UL QB so wouldnt they want to see how does? No excuses!!! The facts are that only about 20k care. Long way to go.

It's not their university. It's the closest college to them geographically. That's not enough to make a person watch bad football.

Agree completely about dissing the TB community BUT as far as students and "fans" go, I rarely quote Nicky Satan but if you want to be a college football program like most of us want, this has to be the attitude:

"My sense of it is, I always say the fans are a part of the team," Saban said, according to the Anniston Star. "Everybody else should have the same sort of commitment. You don't have to do the work all week, you don't have to practice, you don't have to come in at 7 in the morning and leave at 11 at night, you don't have to do any of that stuff.

"All you have to do is come to the game, drink beer, do whatever you want, party in the parking lot. I've never been at a tailgate in my life. All I'm asking is that you just come and have fun and stay for the whole game." <--(Baby steps)

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9880250/alabama-crimson-tide-punish-students-leaving-early

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  344
  • Days Won:  1

JTrue,

Agree completely about dissing the TB community BUT as far as students and "fans" go, I rarely quote Nicky Satan but if you want to be a college football program like most of us want, this has to be the attitude:

"My sense of it is, I always say the fans are a part of the team," Saban said, according to the Anniston Star. "Everybody else should have the same sort of commitment. You don't have to do the work all week, you don't have to practice, you don't have to come in at 7 in the morning and leave at 11 at night, you don't have to do any of that stuff.

"All you have to do is come to the game, drink beer, do whatever you want, party in the parking lot. I've never been at a tailgate in my life. All I'm asking is that you just come and have fun and stay for the whole game." <--(Baby steps)

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9880250/alabama-crimson-tide-punish-students-leaving-early

But if it isn't fun to watch your team get smashed, why would a student want to go to the game?  They can have the same tailgate experience on Campus for less money and they won't have to drive.

• Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

JTrue,

But if it isn't fun to watch your team get smashed, why would a student want to go to the game?  They can have the same tailgate experience on Campus for less money and they won't have to drive.

That's a commuter school type mentality. Nobody said this year would be easy ...  You've only got 6/7 Saturdays a year you have to go out there as a student, to support your school and the players as they attempt to build the program back up. If they don't care about having a football program, fine, just stop with the BS excuses for them.

• Upvote 1